Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or maybe $2.98. When I was shopping for my TLX I posed this question to the sales associate and he was unable to answer it. The question is: Why does the Advanced package have the larger plastic bin under the trunk mat compared to the foam bins for all other models. I assume it has something to do with the features included with the Advance package. However, with more features, I would think there would be less available space for the larger bin instead of more space.

Anyone know the reason for the difference, or is it just another feature to entice us to get the V6 with Advance package? Also, what happens to the foam in our TLX's if we order a spare tire?

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
They kept my old foam after I got a spare. I didn't have any use for it so I didn't complain. :)

I also got more tools and was allowed to keep the air compressor.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I would say the answer to your question is actually in the question maybe?
If its only the advance that gets it maybe its a cost thing?
In Canada they all have the bins. Even 4 cylinder base! Its only the ILX that gets the foam here. We all get the bins in ours as it shows on p.479

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Here is a picture of the trunk is my Canadian SH-AWD Tech. I didn't realize it was different in the U.S. Add it to the list I guess.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I'm jealous I had the spare installed but lost the storage bin. I still have the foam with compressor and tools. (I am also jealous that you have a heated front window).

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
I'm jealous I had the spare installed but lost the storage bin. I still have the foam with compressor and tools. (I am also jealous that you have a heated front window).

I was seriously considering getting the spare tire kit but I got used to the storage bins. I'm sure not having a spare will bite me at some point but I'll take my chances.....for now.

I'm looking forward to using the AWD, heated windows, heated steering wheel and the other wintery things the TLX has that I wasn't able to try out yet. I'm sure someone will remind me of that last statement in January. Lol

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
I was on the fence about the spare. I"m with Acura in the sense that in the many many years of driving I've used a spare once. Of course if I didn't get it then I would have gotten a flat the next day.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I used one time reparation kit from European Honda Civic in 2008 if I remember well. It was a lot easier as I had only to tie the fluid bottle to the wheel, let all the fluid go into the wheel, tie the compressor, plug-in it and refill the wheel. Then, next day I've gone to the dealer who fixed my wheel. The wheel didn't lose air in 16 hours.
I think it is even simpler for Acura version, fluid is included in the compressor ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know if the plastic trunk compartment will fit in the base model? I want to buy it to replace the foam one, but I don't know if it'll fit. I found out the part number from the dealer, but they didn't have one for me to test.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Does anyone know if the plastic trunk compartment will fit in the base model? I want to buy it to replace the foam one, but I don't know if it'll fit. I found out the part number from the dealer, but they didn't have one for me to test.
Welcome to the forum! What type/color TLX do you drive?

Let the group know if you find out. I want to say it fits, but I'd hate for you to buy it based on a guess.

I'm guessing they wouldn't let you test one out of a new car on the lot that has the trunk compartment?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
One of the greatest features in the car lol. I use mine daily. My work boots and lunch bag fit perfect. Great for a few bags of groceries too.

The compartment fitting prob depends on what country your in. Us Canucks dont have a spare so the trunk compartment is different Im guessing.

·
Registered
161 Posts
It's very handy n neat idea Acura providing those hidden cubbies. I use it for keeping milk or juice jugs as they loose droplets while on the way to home I don't like that, also for keeping egg trays so they will not blast inside the trunk.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've got the complete assembly out of our car, kept it when I replaced everything with the spare kit.

Shipping would likely be expensive, but we could see what it takes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome to the forum! What type/color TLX do you drive?

Let the group know if you find out. I want to say it fits, but I'd hate for you to buy it based on a guess.

I'm guessing they wouldn't let you test one out of a new car on the lot that has the trunk compartment?
Thanks! I have a white 2016 TLX base model with the espresso interior.

Unfortunately they wouldn't let me take one out of a new model to check and see if it fits. I'm tempted to just buy the part to see for myself.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts