Acura TLX Forum banner

181 - 200 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
guys ,, can u post pick with 19/20 without drop (stock suspension) not sure if its worth doing.

(had tsx with 18' on tein ss , looked nice but ride quality was ****)

·
Registered
185 Posts
guys ,, can u post pick with 19/20 without drop (stock suspension) not sure if its worth doing.

Look at mine on the previous page it's stock height stock suspension/everything. I went from 17s and the 19s ride quality is hardly different even with excellent tires. I was hoping it would corner better and give less body roll but maybe I'll never be satisfied comparing it to my old integra.... Maybe a stronger rear sway bar? I dunno but I wish it handled better.

·
Premium Member
4,825 Posts

If you look at the pictures in my garage you'll get an idea of what 19s look like with stock suspension.

As with any bigger wheel, the ride quality will suffer. The ride with my 18 inch winters was significantly better than with the 19 inch summers. Having said that, it did handle quite a bit better with the wider tires obviously. The stock tires aren't great. Even a better 18 inch tire would help.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just placed an order for 19" BBS SR wheels in Satin Grey (yes, I know these are heavy at 29lb but 99% of the time this will be used as a commuter car). I've always had a soft spot for the waffle 3G TL Type-S wheels, but unfortunately those are only 17". I thought about saving some money and just getting a set of the stock 18" wheels, but while I like the design I feel like there's just too much sidewall (50 profile on an 18" tire is kind of ridiculous). Hopefully I'll get them before the end of next week and can get the new tires mounted soon.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just placed an order for 19" BBS SR wheels in Satin Grey (yes, I know these are heavy at 29lb but 99% of the time this will be used as a commuter car). I've always had a soft spot for the waffle 3G TL Type-S wheels, but unfortunately those are only 17". I thought about saving some money and just getting a set of the stock 18" wheels, but while I like the design I feel like there's just too much sidewall (50 profile on an 18" tire is kind of ridiculous). Hopefully I'll get them before the end of next week and can get the new tires mounted soon.
Finally got a chance to mount the tires. Methinks it needs a drop

·
Registered
140 Posts
this to me is the perfect drop

I think the top and the sides should all have the same amount of space from the tire to look right. So, that's at least an inch too low to me. Nice wheels though.

My favorite wheels are these:

Attachments

181 - 200 of 215 Posts