Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

My TLX 2015 has about 94,000 miles. I am debating wether to keep my TLX or sell it and try to make some money back and possibly buy a newer Acura. I have not had any issue with the car and personally I love my TLX. I am the second owner and I bought the car at about 3 years ago when it had 40,000 miles. I have read a lot of reviews and they say the car can have a lot of issues with the transmission. Would it be better to sell the car while it still has some value or drive it until she dies??

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jordan. Glad that you joined and there is a lot of knowledge here.

Speaking for myself, 100K miles on the engine is just starting to break it in good. If you have been maintaining it as recommended, it will give you another 100K for sure.

Reactions: TrickVert

·
Super Moderator
1,032 Posts
Hello everyone,

My TLX 2015 has about 94,000 miles. I am debating wether to keep my TLX or sell it and try to make some money back and possibly buy a newer Acura. I have not had any issue with the car and personally I love my TLX. I am the second owner and I bought the car at about 3 years ago when it had 40,000 miles. I have read a lot of reviews and they say the car can have a lot of issues with the transmission. Would it be better to sell the car while it still has some value or drive it until she dies??
Welcome to the forum and I agree with mdd2018tlx. If you've had god reliability thus far, and none of the transmission issues talked about thus far, I doubt you will have any. Those issues that others experienced started when the car was new for the most part.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I agree with the others, if you don't have problems now there is a slim chance that you will have problems in the near future.
I have 90K miles with no problems, I plan on keeping the car for a few more years, For a peace of mind I purchased a third party extended exclusionary warranty that covers my TLX Advance until 2025, not to exceed 145,000 miles. Most warranty Companies will not offer an exclusionary warranty on cars with more than 80K miles. Most will offer a named parts warranty.

Acura extended their warranty (Trans Warmer) for some TLX 2015 - 2016 models. I contacted my Acura dealer and my 2015 advance is covered.

Acura Service bulletin 17-027. April 7, 2018
Warranty extension: TLX transmission chirps during 3-4 shift, poor shift quality, or engine overheats because of defective ATF Warmer.
Background: America Honda is extending the warranty on the 9-speed trans warmers for 10 yrs. from the original date of purchase with unlimited miles.

You can search this website for more info on this matter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much everyone I really appreciate all the help and thank you for welcoming me. As of right now I am planning on doing the timing belt and probably the transmission fluid again (last time changed the fluid was at 50K) at Acura as soon as I hit 100k. I have installed StopTech slotted and drilled rotors they are pretty good. By any chance would you guys recommend any other maintenance? I also think I might need to get my motor mounts checked out, I recently started feeling a slight vibration on the steering wheel and I don't know if it is just me but my engine sounds a little bit louder then when I first bought the car. I asked a mechanic about it and he said it sounded normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts