Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you haven't tried shortcuts, take a look.

I just started using shortcuts for "Places". These are shortcuts to your most used destinations. As soon as you select a Places shortcut, the GPS calculates the route.

To me, although I know how to get to these destinations, I like to see current traffic and incidents along the route. The estimated time of arrival is nice, but I haven't verified if it takes traffic into consideration or constantly updates from your current location.

When you program your Home location by saying Go home, you will see it here as an option. Again, traffic information is quite helpful.

In this example, I have my work parking space location marked, along with a couple of frequented restaurants. I need to add more locations. I also need to see if I can use upper and lower case letters. :)

I haven't really done anything with the other shortcuts. There are different ways you can set phone speed dial numbers, temp and Audio options. Although the Audio shortcuts jump between Audio sources. That should be helpful.

This photo also reminds me to find out what type of cleaner I need to use to remove the finger prints and lint from the touch screen. Do I use the same touch screen cleaner I use for my tablet? I definitely won't use an abrasive cleaner. Maybe Windex?

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
It looks like you can do a lot with the shortcuts.

As for cleaning the screen, I use the mini California Duster for the interior dust. I'd suggest using the same cloth that you'd use for your tablet on the screen for the fingerprints. Nothing abrasive. I had a Honda in the past that scratched really easy.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like you can do a lot with the shortcuts.

As for cleaning the screen, I use the mini California Duster for the interior dust. I'd suggest using the same cloth that you'd use for your tablet on the screen for the fingerprints. Nothing abrasive. I had a Honda in the past that scratched really easy.
I need to get a California duster and keep it in the car. Thanks!

Amazon.com: california duster original

·
Registered
317 Posts
think this is one of the features I like the most, set up places, phones and climate choices right away. What I also like is that whatever settings you choose they get saved under Driver 1 or Driver 2. In case one needs to share the car with the better half the settings can be very different and this helps for sure :)

·
Registered
423 Posts
These shortcuts are pretty nifty. I have set up the climate control ones but none of the others yet but once I replace my phone with one that has blutooth that works will be using the phone ones too.
One minor change I would love Acura to make though would be adding the heated seats and steering wheel as options in the shortcuts!
I programed summer and winter short cuts and would have been nice to have them intergrated into that, its a minor point and I am not to bothered about engaging those buttons manually...but would have been nice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts