Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the V6 model and love the car, currently at 10,000 miles. I am having a shifting jump from 2nd to 3rd gear, it is very noticeable and annoying. Unlike all the other gears that are butter smooth. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you,

·
Registered
681 Posts
Same issue here, and seems to be somewhat common on this forum. Haven't gone to the dealer yet, but on the radar for my first check in.

I don't think there has been a official Acura fix yet. Have a search for upshift, etc.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

I have the V6 model and love the car, currently at 10,000 miles. I am having a shifting jump from 2nd to 3rd gear, it is very noticeable and annoying. Unlike all the other gears that are butter smooth. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thank you,
Welcome to the Forum as a contributor! Glad to see your first post since joining in last December. :)

Tells us more about yourself and your TLX. :)

·
Registered
274 Posts

Thank you,
Many on here aren't experencing that, but then there are many of us that are. I am one that has complained about this a lot. I have had the car into the service department 4 times for this, and each time, they try something new.

My adivce: take your car to Acura and voice your concern about this! The more of us that complain to Acura, the faster a resolution will come.

Look at the 8 - Speed: A lawsuit came about in early 2015, and a breakin solution came shortly after!

Please please please talk to your dealer about this.

Wes

·
Registered
32 Posts
It seems to me there is a transmission adjustment the dealership can make. I think very early V6's have this issue, as I bought mine the first week they came out. My V6 had the "jump," but it didn't bother me that much so I never took it in.

However, my VIN was part of the TLX recall for the car not shifting to park correctly, so I recently took it in for the recall. They replaced the transmission, then according to the labor invoice, after they replaced the tranny, they performed a "trans update" and performed a transmission flush.

The car shifts much better now. Also, the TLX V6 loaner they gave me shifted smoothly as well, so I believe they have figured this out. It's worth calling your dealership if it's bothering you.

·
Registered
238 Posts
It seems to me there is a transmission adjustment the dealership can make. I think very early V6's have this issue, as I bought mine the first week they came out. My V6 had the "jump," but it didn't bother me that much so I never took it in.

However, my VIN was part of the TLX recall for the car not shifting to park correctly, so I recently took it in for the recall. They replaced the transmission, then according to the labor invoice, after they replaced the tranny, they performed a "trans update" and performed a transmission flush.

The car shifts much better now. Also, the TLX V6 loaner they gave me shifted smoothly as well, so I believe they have figured this out. It's worth calling your dealership if it's bothering you.
Does anybody know if they changed the weight of the transmission fluid, or do they use the same type of transmission fluid as before?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts