Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Im looking to remove my Sharkfin antenna so that I can wrap the roof of my 2020 TLX Aspec. Im not 100% sure how to remove the headliner completely, or at least enough to reach the antenna.
Can anyone provide some help/info?

·
Registered
2017 tlx v6 shawd
14 Posts
It's time for me to attempt this! Apparently you can reach your hand in just enough to get it done. It's not impossible just hard! I'll post over the next few days with pictures cause I want to matte black my roof and my shark fin but I'd rather remove it so the wrap can be very easy rather than half n half. If anyone has a picture of where this 12/13mil screw was so I could be prepared it would be much appreciated as I'm not going to drop my whole headliner for 1 bolt that can be taken off with an extension.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I did it on my 21 TLX and it take some elbow grease to remove the antenna. The process for the 20 TLX are the same as the new 21 TLX. You just need to slightly pull down the top headliner on the back from the 2 side of the pillar. You do not need to pull the whole liner just bend it so you are able to get your socket wrench to the nut of the antenna. There should be 1 nut. Once it is out, go outside on the roof and wiggle the antenna as the rubber seal is kind of tight. Once it is some what loosen go back inside and try to slight out the antenna as there should be a clip or a hook that is clip onto the roof. Once that is loosen or taken apart you are done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts