Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Service issues

After price shopping at a few different dealers, the sales staff was extremely impolite and disrespectful, I am now considering dropping the deal altogether.

·
Premium Member
4,937 Posts
How many dealers did you try? If you let us know what area you're located and maybe someone else in the group has a dealer where they had a better experience.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Gold Coast Acura in Ventura County CA has always been pleasant to shop at/get service from. Bought two Acuras there and both times staff was great.

·
Registered
215 Posts
No, the poster saw a granny driving a TLX.

Reactions: fiatlux

·
Super Moderator
730 Posts
When I first went TLX shopping I stopped in at the nearest Acura dealer. They were all so polite and have a piece of cake friendly and more. Then when we talked money, they weren’t so friendly. They started by telling me how my trade is not worth much and they would need to go below blue book and then on the TLX how popular this car was and how they could not discount it much off MSRP. I thanked them for their time and cake and said I would now leave. They then initiated plan B. Plan B is where they can’t find your keys and they shuffle you off to another salesperson often double teaming you. After 30 or 40 minutes of this and no real change in price, I continued with I need to leave. They then told me that the New Car Manager wanted to speak with me. Perhaps I should have felt honored, but I didn’t. I sat in his office for 20 or so minutes discussing the price of the car and the price of my trade. I told him if you don’t give me back my car and keys I’m calling the police. He finally found my keys (on his desk) and gave them back to me.

I was really all prepared for all these tricks having working close to 20 years in car dealerships.

I then drove immediately to the other Acura dealer across town. They gave me more than blue book for my used car and then discounted the new TLX Advance to make me a great deal that included two things I really didn’t want which was: an extended warranty and locking lug nuts. I had no use for either. They basically just gave them to me for a very very minimal price. I did get the Aero package which meant I had to come back the next day after they installed it.

I did have lots of fun when the first dealership started calling my house telling me that they could knock off another $1000. It was fun telling them I already purchased at the other Acura dealer. I don’t regret this purchase or where I purchased. I gave this dealership a perfect CSI (Customer Satisfaction Index) on every survey I got.

So the bottom line is: Don’t blame the vehicle if you run into a bad dealership. Just thank them for their time and cake and find another dealership.

·
Registered
316 Posts
When I was buying Hondas (I bought a lot of Hondas) I had an issue at a local dealership where I balked at the end (monthly) price they gave me. The salesman went in the back and came out with a new "better" price at the number I wanted. However, on reading the paperwork it became clear he had extended the loan by two years to get that number and now I was paying MUCH more, not less for the car. I took a walk. The salesman called me for a week offering ever-better deals. I never went back there. I drove forty miles up the freeway and bought the same car at a different dealership for the price I wanted and when they couldn't get the color and model features I wanted from their own lot, they apparently traded with the place I had gone to before, because when I finally got the car it had a little dealership decal on it from there. Just goes to show. Buying a car is a dance, if you don't like how your dance partner dances, change partners.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts