Acura TLX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Acura reported TLX sales of 3884 for September 2014 compared to combined TL/TSX sales of about 2400 in September 2013. They've got to be pretty happy about a 60% increase.

·
Registered
438 Posts
acura should reward us for setting the trend and jump in sales lol

·
Registered
260 Posts
So I guess this would count as a success for Acura. Do you have any idea what Acura's goal for sales is? Did they meet their goal?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I guess this would count as a success for Acura. Do you have any idea what Acura's goal for sales is? Did they meet their goal?
My guess would be they set the goal low so they would be assured of meeting it. ;)
Given that all the models were not initially available and dealer inventories were tight early in the month, that seems like a pretty good number.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I wouldn't look at the first couple of months as anything out of the ordinary. Of course the sales will be high, it's the first model year, there is a waiting list, production is not up to speed. I'd look around January, February, March for the numbers.

·
Registered
222 Posts
My guess would be they set the goal low so they would be assured of meeting it. ;)
Given that all the models were not initially available and dealer inventories were tight early in the month, that seems like a pretty good number.
This is so true, I have seen this happen way too often.... it's great for reports and getting attention through those reports.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Why in the world would anyone even care about sales stats? It doesn't make your bottom end any different. You bought the car because you needed it and wanted it, I assume. If anything, it only makes the dealers less flexible.

·
Registered
438 Posts
im sure a more sportier exterior look would be the first and foremost priority for a type-S, followed by better tuning and maybe a turbo engine......and maybe RWD for some people but i would stick to SH-AWD

though subjective to the person, IMHO the only problem current TLX has if they want to compete with the competition is LOOKS. the TLX as it currently is has great value and should attract many price-conscious people such as myself, but for some people the looks may be a dealbreaker if they that's their prority.

and ya, exposed dual or quad exhausts too

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would love the 2.0 L 4 cylinder turbo engine that they're putting in their new Europe only Type R. They've already designed the engine. Just bring it over. That paired with AWD would be amazing. That and the front and rear bumpers from the concept TLX would be perfect.

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
That nearly 3,900 units sold in September is actually pretty phenomenal.

We'll see if it sustains like it should, or falls off like the ILX did.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.