Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just a quick question. When you send directions to the car from a computer/Smartphone, where does one go to retrieve them?. I checked the " previous destinations" , but they weren't there. Are they stored somewhere else in the Nav system?
Any thoughts would be appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
666 Posts
A message will automatically pop up on the upper screen shortly after the car is started. It asks if you want to save the destination(s). Although the app says that the directions have been sent it may not have been if the car is not in cellular range, e.g., parked underground. One way to verify if there is service is to do a Vehicle Status check. If it can retrieve status information then it should be able to receive directions.

When I first got my car and parked underground it was able to get Vehicle Status information and receive directions but over the last few weeks it has not. Seems that the cellular service signal strength is now not as strong. Incidentally, this is not the cellular service of your phone, but a special communication service linked to your car for this feature.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I only tried this once and sent 3 designations. I did get a message on the screen and saw the 3 designations. I saved the 1st one then the others disappeared. I'll try again. It is a lot simpler to get the designations on the PC and send it to the car. I've only had my car for 3 weeks so I am still learning.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I only tried this once and sent 3 designations. I did get a message on the screen and saw the 3 designations. I saved the 1st one then the others disappeared. I'll try again. It is a lot simpler to get the designations on the PC and send it to the car. I've only had my car for 3 weeks so I am still learning.

Just fine the POI in your setting and the remaining 2 will be there. The only thing that I can't figure out yet is how to save one of my POI and transfer it to my address book, that if it is even possible with this version.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Just fine the POI in your setting and the remaining 2 will be there. The only thing that I can't figure out yet is how to save one of my POI and transfer it to my address book, that if it is even possible with this version.
Please let us know if you make any ground on learning about POIs. I was going to check out POIs but got distracted elsewhere in life. Seems the easiest way to import POIs is with a CSV file? I don't have AcuraLink services.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Did they not offer 1 free years subscription with AcuraLink in the states with the new purchase?
Not at the level you received. I got the bare-bones subscription that is good for three years. It only gives me traffic info. This is the red, yellow and green lines on the gps next to the highways. I believe we also get incident reports, but that is it.

Someone told me you get the entire AcuraLink service free for one-year? That is a nice gift.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Not at the level you received. I got the bare-bones subscription that is good for three years. It only gives me traffic info. This is the red, yellow and green lines on the gps next to the highways. I believe we also get incident reports, but that is it.

Someone told me you get the entire AcuraLink service free for one-year? That is a nice gift.
It is offered in Canada for all models, I believe. There are three "packages" - Standard, Connect and Premium. Premium is basically the Connect package plus Concierge Services (you can push the blue button when on the road and chat with a real person; they can book a hotel for you or a table in a restaurant nearby:)

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
It is offered in Canada for all models, I believe. There are three "packages" - Standard, Connect and Premium. Premium is basically the Connect package plus Concierge Services (you can push the blue button when on the road and chat with a real person; they can book a hotel for you or a table in a restaurant nearby:)
That is nice. I just couldn't justify the price for my work commute. Especially when I go on vacation; I fly and rent a car at the destination.

This year's vacation was in Calgary, Banff, Jasper and Whitefish, Montana. Luckily the Chrysler 200 had XM. :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Agree, same here. I think the Premium package is a few hundred dollars/year and I will not continue past the 1st year free service. Most likely, will downgrade to Standard although I will miss sending directions to the car via the interface (it comes with Connect package) for sure.
That said, I will definitely try out the still free concierge service on the way to Florida in March :)

·
Super Moderator
1,007 Posts
More info needed on sending destinations to your TLX

Hey guys, just a quick question. When you send directions to the car from a computer/Smartphone, where does one go to retrieve them?. I checked the " previous destinations" , but they weren't there. Are they stored somewhere else in the Nav system?
Any thoughts would be appreciated
Thanks
A message will automatically pop up on the upper screen shortly after the car is started. It asks if you want to save the destination(s). Although the app says that the directions have been sent it may not have been if the car is not in cellular range, e.g., parked underground. One way to verify if there is service is to do a Vehicle Status check. If it can retrieve status information then it should be able to receive directions.
Where is the documentation for this feature?

I found a little about it in the iTunes description. And then a little more at the AcuraLink sign in page, but without an AcuraID, you don't get very far.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I wish the phone book (phone) and address book (nav) were one single database.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Thats a great feature. Thats how I loaded all the saved destinations in my navi. Doing in manually is so 2014 lol.

·
Super Moderator
1,007 Posts
Also from the FAQ:
Why didn't my remote command go through?
Your remote request may not work for a variety of reasons including but not limited to:
• Invalid PIN entry
• Poor cellular coverage or cellular data is disabled
• Your vehicle ignition is on
You have the Standard package (upgrade required to use this feature)
• Your vehicle battery is in low power mode or
• Our vehicle has been placed in "stolen vehicle" status.

What Package is included in the 90-day free trial?

·
Registered
144 Posts
Also from the FAQ

What Package is included in the 90-day free trial?
The Standard package is free for three years. You get streaming AHA radio services with that and traffic information on your maps. It still requires initial registration by using the Acuralink button above the rear view mirror. :|

The Acuralink Connect package is the one that you can get a 90 day free trial on when you first get your car. That is the one that allows you to check the status of your car, send remote commands (lock doors) to your car, and send destinations for your navi system. You can register for your free trial at the time you start the standard package.:)

·
Registered
979 Posts
If anyone is interested, i was trying to figure out how to map a route and have the GPS follow that exact route. it could be handy if you wanted to say take the scenic route for example.

i used bing maps. start out by adding a push pin at the start point, then draw out your map with the highlighter tool. now keep in mind, that every time you click a point to change the direction of the highlighted route, the GPS in the car sees that as a destination, so try to go easy on them. when you're finished, you can save the route as a .KLM file.

put it onto a USB stick, plug it into the car, and the route will pop up on the GPS, name the end point "end", and set that as your destination, then you can go into the menu on the GPS and add in destinations along the way from the memory stick. the gps will guide you to each click that you made on the route.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Producing a .klm file was new for me, can do it with Bing but not Google. But how do you get the car to import it? I put it on a USB stick, plugged it in and nothing happened.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts