Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to see if anyone feels (now that the cold is coming) that the seat warmers aren't super warm? My 2011 TL AWD would take seconds and my bum would be cozy. I feel this one (TLX AWD TECH) takes long and isn't as warm.

I've already contacted the dealer to have them check it out, but wanted to see if anybody else felt the same?

Thanks!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
In South Florida, our seats are solar heated. :)

I just wish they offered the ventilated seats in the US on the I4. :(

·
Registered
438 Posts
i very rarely use heated seats, in fact i do not use them at all lol. when my arse feels too cozy i feel like i cant control my bladder and bowels lol

toilet humor aside, i gave it a try too and it did take a min or 2 to get totally heated up. but that said, i didnt turn on A/C or the heater either, and this is coming from someone who never uses heated seats so take this with a grain of salt

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think the heat in TLX has to go through an extra 1/2 of cushion to reach your butt. Personally in my previous TL i found the lowest setting still too much for long drives. I prefer the low setting in TLX. I agree it does take tad longer to heat vs 4G TL

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies - I did some tests and find the driver side did get warmer, just took longer. My passenger side definitely has a problem though. Back to the dealer!

That aside, I did enjoy everybody's bum heat preference comments... lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
I can second that. My Infini got really hot and my acura can't match it. What really sucks it Canada gets a heated steering wheel and US does not.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I'm in the 4 banger and although it takes a good 5-10 minutes to reach the hottest temp when it does its like a volcano under my butt which is how I like it.
The steering wheel heats in seconds though, so i too put down the slow heat up to the extra padding in these seats.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I find that a lot of vehicles are like that, even some of my older lexus models did that too, along with a newer BMW 3 series i tested.

On those really cold winter days it's really nice :D

·
Registered
438 Posts
I Shat Myself In A Lexus Press Car

One reason NOT to turn on seat heaters. For those who have been to Japan and have tried those heated toilets, u will know exactly why.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I am hoping to keep food out of the interior of the car, and this includes not eating in the car but do not know how long that will last. This helps to keeps the smells down and prevents crumbs and spills on the seats and places you cannot get to.

Incidentally, with the seat warmer settings on automatic, they are turned on and periodically adjusted to high, medium, or low based on the temperature in the car. Neat feature, and one more item to appreciate about this great car.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
UPDATE: Seat warmer

I am hoping to keep food out of the interior of the car, and this includes not eating in the car but do not know how long that will last. This helps to keeps the smells down and prevents crumbs and spills on the seats and places you cannot get to.

Incidentally, with the seat warmer settings on automatic, they are turned on and periodically adjusted to high, medium, or low based on the temperature in the car. Neat feature, and one more item to appreciate about this great car.
Ok - I'm happy to say they are working well now. I guess they needed to be broken in.

1 question - How do you set the warmers to be automatic?

Thanks

·
Registered
666 Posts
Touch the driver or passenger seat icon, and select Auto/Off, but this is only on Advance/Elite models.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Anyone else think a physical button or switch would be better than having it activated through the touch screen? I find it's too many buttons to turn the heated seats on. Most other cars just have a button so you just push it once. The TLX you have to tap seat heat, tap the heat level - double the number of button pushes to accomplish the same thing.

·
Registered
666 Posts
It was eliminated as part of their concept to reduce the number of physical buttons. Add to this design with the Advance/Elite models of an Auto function, and it make sense not to have a physical button. It was then easier to use this layout for all the models.

But seriously, "too many buttons to turn the heated seats on"? Tap the seat icon and tap the appropriate heating level. With a physical button it would tap the button (maybe that gets you to level 3), but if you wanted level 1 then two more taps (twice as many taps).

Or if you are driving and want to minimize the distraction of button presses then use the voice command "driver heated seat high".

·
Registered
317 Posts
Touch the driver or passenger seat icon, and select Auto/Off, but this is only on Advance/Elite models.
That's a bummer. I've noticed recently that when I use the remote start on my Canadian model the system turns on the heat fan, windshield and the steering wheel but not the seats...very strange logic

1 - 20 of 27 Posts