Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed before and after all updates, that my seat position memory isn't always lit when driving the car.

I would expect the seat position indicator for driver 1 to be green when I am driving. The only situation I would expect otherwise is when I changed from the stored memory location.

I haven't figured out what causes a loss of memory. For quite a few trips the light remains green and my seat feels like it is where I want it. After a while I notice that the light is out and I feel I am sitting further back than I had stored.

Luckily this is a minor issue and I don't have to adjust the seat every time. I was hoping this would be fixed in the update.

I wonder if there is something I am doing to cause the light to go out and have the seat go out of adjustment. I could see if I was hitting the adjustment buttons on the way into the car, but I don't believe that is the cause.

Anyone else see this occur?

Maybe I will turn off the auto seat position movement on entry and exit to see if that makes a difference?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Happens to me, i haven't had the update. Find it very irritating. Its usually in the morning and the first start, the green light stays off and if i press it its like it has no memory.
Then when i start it later, magic it remembers I have seat settings!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I have noticed that the light isn't consistently on when I'm driving now that it's mentioned here. I can't say that I've noticed a change in my driving position. I'm 6'2" and use every inch of both legroom and headroom the TLX gives me.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I noticed on mine if I make any seat adjustments the light goes out and I simply hit it to save the new position. I believe this is the way it is designed to work. Maybe when the car was in for service they adjusted the seat???

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I noticed on mine if I make any seat adjustments the light goes out and I simply hit it to save the new position. I believe this is the way it is designed to work. Maybe when the car was in for service they adjusted the seat???
I set it a few times before I went in for an oil change and updates. Service rep said to try again after the updates. I have tried a couple of times since then and I still see the light go out.

I will have to watch it closer. Maybe I will turn off the auto seat movement on entry/exit.

It feels like the seat position changes, but I could be mistaken.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Also, if possible, use the other remote and set a completely different seat position. When you unlock and enter the car with the primary remote it should welcome drive 1. Then see if the light is on and monitor it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts