Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to this forum.

I had a 2012 TL FWD Tech and now have a 2015 TLX I4 Tech. Overall I love the car so far, accept some issues with handfree features.

With the TL my Samsung Galaxy S4 phone worked flawlessly, as I could manually access the phonebook and chose the contact I want to dial and could also manually access the Navi to specify destination address all while driving.

Well these features are taken away from the 2015 TLX while driving. I am very unhappy with this "new features" of lacking features, I want the phonebook back please !!! WTH !!!

I know they took them away due to safety reason but leaving call history and quick dial entries accessible while driving do not make it safer either, when entries on call history, for instance, could be just as long as those on the phonebook.

I also know that while driving I can use voice control to call up entries on my phonebook, but so far all my attempts have yet worked.. It only picked up 6 wrong entries every time, so I'd had to pull over, stop (so the darn phonebook will not be greyed out anymore) and choose my entry to dial... IMO, a luxury car that can't access phonebook is useless in some way !!!

Does anyone feels the same way as me?

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
First off welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new TLX.

My 2013 Honda acts the same way. It's a safety feature but as you said doesn't make much sense since so much else is available while driving.

One way I get around it is by using Speed Dial. Most of my more frequently used numbers are stored in my Speed Dial which are accessible while driving.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for sharing andre12dbsi !!!

I just found a link within this forum that addresses this very problem (Under Call option scrolling - Use the interface dial to scroll through and select numbers in your phonebook, call history, and speed dial list while driving.):

http://www.tlxforums.com/forum/new-...-acura-tlx-technical-service-bulletins-4.html

Only thing is I am in Canada so the SW update may come to us in a few months - not good !!! :( :(

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
I just read that same thread. All the better if they add it. I'm sure Canadians will get the same update. It might just take a few weeks longer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts