Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am the proud owner of a 2015 Slate Silver Metallic TLX AWD that I bought last November. I traded in a 2007 TL to buy this car. Outside of a few quirks like the jerky transmission, climate control that has to be set at 80 degrees to get any heat, and that annoying voice that tells me what radio station I'm on, I love the car and how it rides.

It's been a tough winter in New England and now that the weather is finally getting better I'm thinking about giving the car a thorough cleaning. Does anyone have suggestions about removing salt stains from the carpets?

Thanks

·
Registered
666 Posts
There is a setting that can turn of station and song announcement. I will look it up for you.

My suggestions on salt stains:

1. Use weather mats with curved up edges that help prevent salt water from getting on the carpet.
2. Keep a towel in the car and lightly rub the carpet to dry it after it has gotten damp from salt water
3. Look for a product in your automotive store called Salt Remover or Salt Eraser. It is a spray on foam that may help but it will require a lot of work if there is heavy crystalization. Better to try and prevent it happening.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Hello,

I am the proud owner of a 2015 Slate Silver Metallic TLX AWD that I bought last November. I traded in a 2007 TL to buy this car. Outside of a few quirks like the jerky transmission, climate control that has to be set at 80 degrees to get any heat, and that annoying voice that tells me what radio station I'm on, I love the car and how it rides.

It's been a tough winter in New England and now that the weather is finally getting better I'm thinking about giving the car a thorough cleaning. Does anyone have suggestions about removing salt stains from the carpets?

Thanks
Welcome to the Forum! It's good to see your first post.

What color of interior did you get.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your suggestions. I'll see if I can find that product at my local auto store.

My TLX is silver with a black interior.

Unfortunately, this is my second TLX. Five days after buying my first black on black AWD I was T boned by a SUV who ran a red light. Hit my side and pushed me about ten feet. Never saw it coming. All I saw were airbags. Front, side and underneath the steering wheel. Outside of a few minor cuts and burns from the airbags I walked away.

Believe me. This is the safest car you will ever drive. It took a heck of a hit. Had to buy another after my insurance company totaled it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
It's just salt so shouldn't it come out with some water?

I would suggest getting weather tech mats for the winter in the north east. That way salt won't ruin your carpet, and you can just remove them once all the snow melts.

·
Registered
222 Posts

I would suggest getting weather tech mats for the winter in the north east. That way salt won't ruin your carpet, and you can just remove them once all the snow melts.
specifically, hot water, that will bring that area of the carpet that hardened due to salt and drying out... back to a soft and workable state, then you just scrub away, and suck it up with a wet and dry vac.

i actually do this at the local car wash with their vacuum and on the way their buy a large cup of hot water from starbucks, and use one of the rags i keep in my trunk :D

·
Registered
666 Posts
Eventually it should but it make take quite a bit of work depending how much has accumulated.

The turn off voice announcements it is Setting - Interface Dial Feedback - and On/Off/Auto. Change to Off. See Navigation Manual p27.

PhilD: Sorry to hear about your first incident, but you help to boost the sales numbers.

·
Registered
51 Posts

I ordered the weather tech in January. Local company suggests that WeatherTech has problems supplying the mats.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts