Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new plates today and need to put them on. Inside the bag with the front license plate bracket are four rubber caps, maybe an inch by and inch and a half. Any idea what they are for? I don't see any connection to the bracket.

Thanks

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Protection against scratching?

I just got my new plates today and need to put them on. Inside the bag with the front license plate bracket are four rubber caps, maybe an inch by and inch and a half. Any idea what they are for? I don't see any connection to the bracket.

Thanks
My best guesses would be that where the screws go though the mount, they cover the screws to prevent scratching the paint on your bumper? Or give space to your tag to keep the plate off of the bumper?

I removed the bag from my trunk yesterday and stowed it in the garage. We are not required to have front tags in Florida, but some drivers use them for ornamental tags. (I lived in Maryland for 5 years once and had front tags but that was years ago.)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think these caps have anything to do with the license plate. I see no way they would fit or work to protect the screws, cap holes, reduce vibration, etc.

Maybe they are left over when the dealer installed something. Any other ideas?

The car is my wifes car. She got a four cylinder with the tech package in white with grey interior. I think this is the best version, based on reviews and features.

The dealer threw in wheel locks, front and rear mud flaps, trunk tray, and a $500 voucher for Acura assecories. (We did not qualify for the official Acura accessories deal.) All this for $650 below msrp. She got it three weeks ago and absolutly loves it.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
I don't think these caps have anything to do with the license plate. I see no way they would fit or work to protect the screws, cap holes, reduce vibration, etc.

Maybe they are left over when the dealer installed something. Any other ideas?

The car is my wifes car. She got a four cylinder with the tech package in white with grey interior. I think this is the best version, based on reviews and features.

The dealer threw in wheel locks, front and rear mud flaps, trunk tray, and a $500 voucher for Acura assecories. (We did not qualify for the official Acura accessories deal.) All this for $650 below msrp. She got it three weeks ago and absolutly loves it.
Wild. I am not sure. I will have to check my bag to see if I have the same.

I agree with you. I think it is the best version for me as well.

Very good on the accessories.

Great. I love driving mine too but I've only had it for 6 days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts