Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Got these installed and wanted to share my experience. Right click on the image and open new tab to see the full image size.

SPORTS-I COILOVERS
SPC Rear Camber Kit

Ever since I've gotten this car I was contempt with all of it exempt the wheel gap. I could rest my foot on top of the tire and tie my shoe laces.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

No good. It was not that bad but it bothered me. Additionally, due to the soft semi sporty stock suspension springs and struts, whenever I maneuver the car in any sudden way or take high speed turns I would at times hesitate and miss the opportunity. I hated that. I understand it's engineered and designed to provide both comfort and sport but after 3 years of it I wanted- blah blah blah here are pics.

Package delivery Rectangle Packing materials Wood Shipping box
Automotive lighting Coil spring Audio equipment Cable Gas

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

No adjustment. Out of the box default.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Post lowering an additional inch.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Cloud Tire Car Vehicle

Accelerating, braking and handling has become a lot more fun.
60 mph exits can be now be done 80+.
It's great.

2,099 Coils
541 Camber kit (They're on sale! I paid 600 something)
650 Install and labor
140 Alignment

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Got these installed and wanted to share my experience. Right click on the image and open new tab to see the full image size.

SPORTS-I COILOVERS
SPC Rear Camber Kit

Ever since I've gotten this car I was contempt with all of it exempt the wheel gap. I could rest my foot on top of the tire and tie my shoe laces.
View attachment 27519 View attachment 27520
No good. It was not that bad but it bothered me. Additionally, due to the soft semi sporty stock suspension springs and struts, whenever I maneuver the car in any sudden way or take high speed turns I would at times hesitate and miss the opportunity. I hated that. I understand it's engineered and designed to provide both comfort and sport but after 3 years of it I wanted- blah blah blah here are pics.

View attachment 27513 View attachment 27514
View attachment 27515
No adjustment. Out of the box default.

View attachment 27516
Post lowering an additional inch.

View attachment 27521

View attachment 27518

Accelerating, braking and handling has become a lot more fun.
60 mph exits can be now be done 80+.
It's great.

2,099 Coils
541 Camber kit (They're on sale! I paid 600 something)
650 Install and labor
140 Alignment
It’s like a different car. I lowered and cambered mine as well. No regrets at all.
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Lexus is

·
Registered
4 Posts
Question... I have a 2018 v6 sh-awd with the same exact set up as you (RS-R coilovers and SPC 3 bar per side rear camber kit). Mine handles fantastic compared to stock as well, but I cant drive fast over uneven road/freeways with high to low spot, mostly noticed at freeway speeds causes a severe bounce and wants to bottom out. I've tried all the way soft to all the stiff, also adjusted pre-load, and it doesn't make a difference. I just thought I would chalk it up to a bad choice in coilovers??? Has anyone else had this problem?
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Question... I have a 2018 v6 sh-awd with the same exact set up as you (RS-R coilovers and SPC 3 bar per side rear camber kit). Mine handles fantastic compared to stock as well, but I cant drive fast over uneven road/freeways with high to low spot, mostly noticed at freeway speeds causes a severe bounce and wants to bottom out. I've tried all the way soft to all the stiff, also adjusted pre-load, and it doesn't make a difference. I just thought I would chalk it up to a bad choice in coilovers??? Has anyone else had this problem? View attachment 27541
I know what you mean. I've experienced that as well, scared the crap out of me. Tried to make it all the way soft, front and rear, and no difference. Did not adjust preload. I have accepted the fact that this just how it is and whenever it happens I hold on tight for the rebound impact.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I read all the reviews before I purchased, no red flags anywhere. I'm sad to here you're having the same issues too. It's not safe to drive at high speeds with these coilovers. I called Wheel Warehouse today. They said to contact RS-R, and they weren't helpful at all. It's as if they have never heard of this problem before! I asked If I could bring my car by so they could test drive it. They referred me to Autotuned in Monrovia. I have an appointment for Friday. I will update you asap. We paid a lot of money for these coilovers! If I can't drive my car safely at high speeds, I will be forced to sell these and try something else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
how does it do on crappy roads
No problem on crappy roads. The handling is fantastic compared to stock. I remember testing the stock suspension on a freeway ramp. The tires started to loose traction around 35 mph. Now, I can do 70 mph and I don't hear anything! I can only drive fast on roads If driven before. If not, over dips the car will bottom out on the rebound and scar the shit out of you. Needless to say, It's very embarrassing and scarry for me and my passenger!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to raise an old thread, but i wanted to ask.

Is a camber kit necessary? I put on K-sport c/o's yesterday and i was curious. I haven't gotten the car aligned.

2015 w/ SH-AWD btw.

Thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Even with camber kit there's still sliiiight visible camber.

I got them both installed at the same time so I can't give you comparison. After your alignment post your results. I'm getting an alignment this Saturday so I'll be back with mine.

My cousin's STI. No camber kit 4 years. 😭
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
2 Posts
Even with camber kit there's still sliiiight visible camber.

I got them both installed at the same time so I can't give you comparison. After your alignment post your results. I'm getting an alignment this Saturday so I'll be back with mine.

My cousin's STI. No camber kit 4 years. 😭
Thanks for the reply,
I think i'll run it w/o a kit then get it aligned. If there's an issue, i'll invest in a kit when i put on my new wheels/tires. Im currently on the stock 18s.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What's up squad,

Just want to share, in my opinion, THEE best alignment setting;
Circuit component Font Line Parallel Engineering

From high to low it's still scary. Although it catches me off guard, girls call it roller coaster and I don't bottom out so is ok.
All four are set twenty click to the right from hard.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts