Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
My rotors and calipers were replaced at under 4000 miles. Now under 8000 the rotors are being replaced again.

Had anyone sense had trouble with the brakes on this model?

Dealership closed mouthed.
No but I definitely notice some vibration under braking, probably the rotors warping under the heat. I’m probably going to get mine replaced but I’m just going to have them put slotted rotors instead for better cooling. Some nicer pads would probably also help since the stock pads loose feel quickly under heat.

·
Super Moderator
880 Posts
Are you a one or two foot driver? Quite often two foot drivers will keep their left foot posed over the brake pedal and often wear out the brakes quicker than a one footed driver. At the dealership we would often check for wear marks on the left side of the brake pedal in situations like this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you a one or two foot driver? Quite often two foot drivers will keep their left foot posed over the brake pedal and often wear out the brakes quicker than a one footed driver. At the dealership we would often check for wear marks on the left side of the brake pedal in situations like this.
I am a one foot driver. I also make certain not to ride the brakes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone,

same problem here. I have a 2022 TLX fwd, rotors warped around 3k miles and then again at 7.5K miles. Dealer replaced rotors both times. This is a major design/hardware issue I think. 13" rotors in the front, the same as the back is just rediculous for a near 4000 lbs car

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same issue with my 2021 tlx aspec. Coming off highway the car would make a loud humming noise and vibrate, like it was struggling to come to a complete stop. They replaced at 12,000 miles. Ever since, my brakes chirp when it sits longer than 2+ hours in the garage until they warm up. I'm at 14,000 miles and it still does it. Just hope you don't get the issues I've had with this car. The speakers will crackle under acceleration or bumps. Had fakra done at 6,000 miles, it came back at 12,000. Between that and the steering wheel clicking/leaking fluid all down the column into the harnesses and brake pedal...I am over this car. Steering rack was replaced at 6,000 miles. Acura build quality is not what it used to be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts