Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ‘16 base TLX with the 2.4. Pretty much everything is great with this car. I’ve had it less than a week and I bought it with 35k on the clock. Yesterday while stopped at a red light I noticed a “chipping/rubbing” (not chirping) noise inside the cabin. It only happens when the car is in Drive and I come to a complete stop, or when I have my foot on the brake and shift it into Drive before pulling out of the driveway. The noise completely disappears as soon as I start to accelerate and remains silent as I normally drive. The noise seems to be coming from behind the dash and sounds like it may be coming from a rotating internal cable from like the one that may be controlling the tachometer. Could that be possible? Has anyone else been experiencing anything similar? The noise isn’t very loud...it’s just annoying. If the stereo is on at a 3-4 level you wouldn’t even notice.

·
Premium Member
4,937 Posts
Do you think it could be the HVAC fan? Maybe shut the HVAC system off completely to see if the noise is still there. It would rule that out at least.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you think it could be the HVAC fan? Maybe shut the HVAC system off completely to see if the noise is still there. It would rule that out at least.
Thanks for your reply. I will try that when we go to the grocery store in a little while then get back to you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oddly enough...it wasn’t making the noise today. I know that it didn’t fix itself over night but it is 20 degrees warmer outside today versus yesterday. I will continue to monitor the issue and post accordingly. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts