Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 TLX V-6, SH-AWD, A-Spec
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to provide some inspiration to anyone out there contemplating a road trip in your TLX. Do It!! My wife and I just returned from a 3000 plus mile cruise from LA area reaching as far north as San Juan Island north of Seattle, and back down the Oregon coast. I’d not had the chance to do a trip of this caliber in our 2019 ASpec and can’t begin to describe how completely satisfied I was with the car. I’ve been on my share of great drives, and in very competent cars, more often of German persuasion. But the confidence and responsiveness exuded by the all wheel drive and v-6 of our Acura surpassed expectations and I’m smitten anew with this car—well done Acura, a fantastic 4-door GT! Here’s a few photos from the road…
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Water

Waiting for the ferry in Anacortes, WA

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Sky Wheel Cloud Vehicle

On San Juan Island, WA

Water Car Plant Sky Daytime

Columbia River view (spot the TLX bottom center!) from the Astoria Column, Astoria, OR

·
Super Moderator
436 Posts
Thanks very much for the beautiful pictures and of course enhanced by your Acura in them.

Crabtree, hmm where do I know that name from? Let me think . . . I'll remember soon. Oh, I remember, it has to do with Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

·
Registered
2019 TLX V-6, SH-AWD, A-Spec
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much for the beautiful pictures and of course enhanced by your Acura in them.

Crabtree, hmm where do I know that name from? Let me think . . . I'll remember soon. Oh, I remember, it has to do with Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Ha, no relation. At least that I know of!

·
Super Moderator
436 Posts
Ha, no relation. At least that I know of!
LOL, Sorry, the devil in me made me do it. Actually it was the better half that made me watch Murdoc Mysteries as she binge watched the whole series recently. All 15 seasons. Now she is doing the same thing with The Liberians. I sure wish that we hadn't got Hulu as part of the Disney+ package that she made us get for the grandkids.

Reactions: gary325

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
280 Posts
Pics of my TLX at White Sands and Carlsbad earlier this year. I was a little disappointed that I didn't get closer to 29 mpg and ended up around 27 mpg for the trip. Car was comfortable and drove great. It never ceased to amaze me how much louder and clearer that the music was when the phone was plugged in using CarPlay as opposed to bluetooth.
Tire Wheel Sky Car Cloud

Automotive parking light Cloud Wheel Vehicle Tire

Cloud Sky Plant Land vehicle Car

·
Super Moderator
436 Posts
Pics of my TLX at White Sands and Carlsbad earlier this year. I was a little disappointed that I didn't get closer to 29 mpg and ended up around 27 mpg for the trip. Car was comfortable and drove great. It never ceased to amaze me how much louder and clearer that the music was when the phone was plugged in using CarPlay as opposed to bluetooth. View attachment 27567
View attachment 27568
View attachment 27569
FlatlandTLX, That is a great looking ride also.

The gas mileage you get is based on the Mode setting and how you drive. Get out of Sport mode and down to economy.

I normally get 33 mpg on the highway and 31 in the city. Of course I don't go into the city very often.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts