Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 SH-AWD Tech.
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else having a lot of road/tire noise from your new TLX? The OEM tires are Michelin Primacy A/S 255/40R 19.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Interesting. Didn’t know other 21 tlx trim come with different type of tires since they all shark rims. My 21 Aspec equipped with Bridgestone tires and it doing a decent job.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My A-Spec sh-awd came with the Primacy tires too. Yeah, they suck. Can't get super aggressive with them either.
Waiting on my Pilot Sport 4s, to show up, the Primacy will go back on when it eventually starts raining again.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My A-Spec sh-awd came with the Primacy tires too. Yeah, they suck. Can't get super aggressive with them either.
Waiting on my Pilot Sport 4s, to show up, the Primacy will go back on when it eventually starts raining again.
I expect the Pilot sport 4s to do well in the rain. My son has the regular Pilot Sports on his BMW and they really stick to the road (he barely gets 15,000 miles on them before they need replacing though.) Summer tires can handle rain, they are terrible in ice and snow, however.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Is anyone else having a lot of road/tire noise from your new TLX? The OEM tires are Michelin Primacy A/S 255/40R 19.
Check the tire pressures. Our TLX’s tires were overinflated on delivery. Taking some air out until they have 32 PSI as prescribed did help reduce the road noise. (Always measure tire pressure cold, ie when the car has not been driven for at least 2 hours - early morning is best)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I expect the Pilot sport 4s to do well in the rain. My son has the regular Pilot Sports on his BMW and they really stick to the road (he barely gets 15,000 miles on them before they need replacing though.) Summer tires can handle rain, they are terrible in ice and snow, however.

I'm sure they'll do fine, however why wear out the PS4's in the rain... at least until I wear out the primacys, then maybe I'll leave them on year round.

·
Registered
2021 TLX 2.0T ADV/AWD Majestic Black Pearl/Ebony
105 Posts
I'm sure they'll do fine, however why wear out the PS4's in the rain... at least until I wear out the primacys, then maybe I'll leave them on year round.
You will love the PS4s on your TLX. Transforms the car, although I had the shop do a 4-wheel thrust alignment when they mounted the tires and that could be part of the difference I feel.

The PS4 are noisy, too, but you'll be having so much fun you won't care.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Check the tire pressures. Our TLX’s tires were overinflated on delivery. Taking some air out until they have 32 PSI as prescribed did help reduce the road noise. (Always measure tire pressure cold, ie when the car has not been driven for at least 2 hours - early morning is best)
I was shocked when I saw that my car had over 40 psi all the way around. Slightly lower tire pressure eases the ride a touch too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Pilot sport 4S are amazing tires. Great grip on dry and in the wet. The downfall is they are summer tires and can’t be driven below 40°.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Check out Bridgestone Turanzas. They are marketed as being very quiet. I have no experience with them however.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I find that the road noise isn't bad, but maybe not as quiet as I was expecting given the luxury nature of these tires. Keep in mind I'm coming from some of the worst tires known to man- run flat Pirelli P-Zeros on a 2018 C300 Coupe. Like driving on wheels made out of stone

1 - 11 of 11 Posts