Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever anyone says, "I didn't know my car did _", there's always someone that asks if that person took the time to read the manual. I ran out of energy reading the manual but I randomly discovered last night that the TLX tilts the left or right mirror (depending on switch position) when you put the car in reverse. I like that I can choose when it tilts.

And no....I didn't read the manual. ;)

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD
19 Posts
Cool, will have to check that out, when I get my car back from the dealership. I know most forums have a thread around something you didn't know about your car or some hidden feature that you learnt about your car we should probably do that for the 21 TLX given no one probably reads the manual even when they have the best of intentions . :)

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Whenever anyone says, "I didn't know my car did _", there's always someone that asks if that person took the time to read the manual. I ran out of energy reading the manual but I randomly discovered last night that the TLX tilts the left or right mirror (depending on switch position) when you put the car in reverse. I like that I can choose when it tilts.

And no....I didn't read the manual. ;)
Since I had it on my 2001 MDX I specifically looked for it when I got my TLX.

No, I didn't read the manual when I noticed it on the MDX.
The first time I put the MDX in reverse, I noticed that the mirror on the right tilted down.

I thought; "wow what a great idea, I wonder what will they think of next?" (y)

·
Super Moderator
2018 Acura TLX, 8 speed DCT, Technology Package
1,092 Posts
LOL - I'm just the opposite! When I get a new car I go through the manual to see everything there is feature-wise. Glad you found that out about the mirror!

Reactions: MarcoTLX

·
Registered
12 Posts
The sales person showed me that actually. Otherwise I totally would not have noticed it. I love this feature as I am still having to adjust to the size of the vehicle coming from a 2015 WRX. I usually keep the left mirror selected when backing up. Right mirror I have set a little low by default. This car amazes me every time. One thing I did not realize when I was fiddling around in settings was the lighting zone color changing. The line on the top of the theme is the light bars on the door and center console while the larger color block in the theme is footwell and door handle lighting. Super awesome what this car has! Oh, and the auto change speed limit signs on the dash! I found out when the car drives past the speed limit sign, it will automatically change based on what it saw! It does not work on the digital signs but this is super helpful on those longer trips where I sometimes miss those signs...not like I am following them in Sport Mode >:). Kidding, totally obeying speed limits...

·
Registered
2018 Acura TLX 2.4L Tech pkg
19 Posts
I read my manual cover to cover when I got it, BUT there are so many little tricks that my 18 TLX does that are not in the manual. Learned of several of them from this site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts