Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the reverse lights are useless in backing up in the dark. I even replaced with high power LEDs. And minimal improvement. Seems the engineering of this light housing was not followed through. I have the same problem on our 2012 MDX.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Strange, they gave us a 2014 tsx loaner while my tlx was in for service and I noticed the same thing. The back up cam on the tsx was brighter!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a definite design flaw and also lack of requirement to have those lights be useful except to let others know you are backing up

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
I was hoping when you changed out the filament lights to LED, it would have made a difference.

It is awfully dull back there when backing up at night. :(

At least my camera enhances the view, almost like night vision goggles. :)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Anyone found brighter LED? For the same amperage draw, LED are far more efficient..so perhaps there is another option...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If there is other ambient light around the camera is ok, but in total dark in revese the lights are WORTHLESS!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Worthless? :)

Hopefully the main design of alerting others that you are backing up is still there. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Although most of you agree that it's pointless to change them, I'd still like to change them. Can anyone tell me what kind of bulb fits in the reverse lights?

Thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
Acura needs to address this on the 2016 or MMC because the reverse lights simply do not sufficiently cast enough light to see what you might be backing into. That is one of the few disappointments with this car and should be viewed as a genuine safety concern. Maybe if they were made more directional rather than their current interplay/position with the camera. It could just come down to the angles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts