Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am a retired engineer from the US automotive industry. Never bought a "foreign" car until my wife replaced her 1996 Ford Explorer with a 2004 Toyota Highlander. The next year I sold my Olds Intrigue and bought a Camry SE-V6. I like the Camry. It's quite peppy and I can get 29mpg on the highway but after 9 years, I'm ready for something new(er).

Had been looking at the latest Accord or a used TSX or TL. I now think the TLX will be my next car. We rented a 4 cyl Mazda 6 recently and the power was adequate, if not exciting. At my age 30+ mpg on the highway is more important than sub-7 second 0-60 times.

Looking forward to learning all about the TLX while I wait for the dealer inventory to fill up. My closest Acura dealer is 65 miles away so I won't make a trip until I know they have the model I want to test drive (the 4 cylinder.)

·
Registered
36 Posts
lmacmil, welcome to the forums.

In my opinion, the TLX should prove more appealing than either the Accord or Mazda 6. The new TLX is certainly an improved product over the outgoing TSX or TL.

If you're interested in efficiency, the new TLX's transmissions are the key item here, as they are major contributors to high real-world MPG ratings.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I see the TLX as a nice upgrade from an Accord, i think someone looking for more out of an Accord they should seriously consider the TLX.

·
Registered
430 Posts
lmacmil, welcome to the forums.

In my opinion, the TLX should prove more appealing than either the Accord or Mazda 6. The new TLX is certainly an improved product over the outgoing TSX or TL.

If you're interested in efficiency, the new TLX's transmissions are the key item here, as they are major contributors to high real-world MPG ratings.
The thing that makes the Mazda a perennial threat IMO is styling. Its quite seductive, Maserati did crib it after all for the Ghibli, if the drive is similar I can see the 6 stealing sales from TLX on style alone. Not that the TLX is poorly styled, but I think you get what I'm prattling about. Todays market is mostly based on fashion...

Oh and welcome aboard @lmacmil looking forward to your inputs moving forward :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
That describes me to a T. Have looked for over a year for an Accord Hybrid Touring in Canada. Apparently honda has invented the first invisible car, as I have been unable to find on at over a dozen dealers I've stopped in.
I want a luxury midsize car, good to great milage , very quite and comfortable, very nicely appointed, with room and comfort, great sound, lots of electronic gizmos.
Aside from the Lexus 300H, which fits the bill but is just too much money for the bland interior it has, I'm hoping this fills my requirements.
Now if they'd just get some 4 cylinder Tech models at the dealers!

·
Registered
96 Posts
I see the TLX as a nice upgrade from an Accord, i think someone looking for more out of an Accord they should seriously consider the TLX.
Last time when I leased my TSX, I got almost same deal as a similarly equipped Accord. Mazda 6 didn't even got close and when I told the Mazda salesguy, he was pleasantly surprised and jealous.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts