Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The radio in my '16 Tech powers off as soon as the ignition is cut. From my research, this is apparently "normal" for the TLX and other Japanese-designed cars. In our Jeep and the majority of other modern vehicles, the radio will play until a door is opened or for a pre-determined (or user-programmed) amount of time.

In my '03 F150, I tapped into the battery-saver circuit and used a relay to power the switched hot lead on my radio to achieve this function. Does anyone know if there's a way to do this simply on the TLX?

·
Premium Member
4,913 Posts
If you search Accessory mode you’ll find a couple of different ways. You can hit the power button without putting the car in Park when you stop. The radio will stay on and the car will still go to Park. The other way is shutting the car off as you normally do and then hit the Start button without putting your foot on the brake.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
My 2014 F-150 keeps the radio on until the driver door is opened.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you search Accessory mode you’ll find a couple of different ways. You can hit the power button without putting the car in Park when you stop. The radio will stay on and the car will still go to Park. The other way is shutting the car off as you normally do and then hit the Start button without putting your foot on the brake.
I found both of those workarounds listed, though the first one doesn't work in mine. The radio shuts off when Park is engaged.

I'd love to find a transparent solution like I did in my truck.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My 2014 F-150 keeps the radio on until the driver door is opened.
Yep. Just like lots of other vehicles made in the last ten years or so. FWIW, I see the same complaint about Toyota and Mazda vehicles, too.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Based on these wiring diagrams, it looks like it may be relatively simple to implement the same "fix" as I did on the F150 by pulling a signal off one of the power window switch wires, and using that to switch a hot to the radio's "ACC" control wire (light blue, highlighted).

Attachments

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
On the flip side my wife's Q5.... she can't always tell when the car is actually off... between the radio always on and the LCD instrument panel... I too wish you go turn off the car and keep the radio on instead of having to "reboot".

·
Super Moderator
817 Posts
I also have had a learning curve with the electronic shifter (V6) and the push button start.
Car wash: Neutral, but need to shift to P to get it back to D to drive away after the wash. Always some anxiety exiting the tunnel. (Yes I no longer hand-wash).
Leave the Radio on: I shift to N and then within 5 seconds hit the push button start. This leaves the radio on, but the dash will revert to a simple display, just saying shift to P to power OFF (or something like that). The key here is "within" 5 seconds.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
...Car wash: Neutral, but need to shift to P to get it back to D to drive away after the wash. Always some anxiety exiting the tunnel. (Yes I no longer hand-wash).
Hi Gary no need to place in P first to get out of car wash mode... gently push brake pedal (not enought to apply brakes just turn on brake lights) then you can place into D from N.

I never knew that about accessory mode... I will try that.

·
Super Moderator
817 Posts
@Gonzo I'll try that tip: gently push brake pedal (not enough to apply brakes just turn on brake lights) then you can place into D from N.
We got about 2-3 inches of wet snow last night. The salt will be everywhere today. And it will get to mid to upper 50's tomorrow. So the car washes will be mobbed.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I tried your trick to keep accessory mode on... worked! Just stinks that you have to keep it in neutral but I can live with that.

Hey its gonna be 50 tomorrow.... I'm seeing a nice day for a hand wash! Heck I hand washed mine today... 38°! EEEK!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
817 Posts
I tried your trick to keep accessory mode on... worked! Just stinks that you have to keep it in neutral but I can live with that.
I also engage the parking brake (while in N)!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts