Acura TLX Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I agree with everything you said, bc I’ve had the same issues. I want to love this car, but the issues make it hard.
I’m still having an issue with my brakes still squeal and I have a noise coming from the left front side where my steering rack had been replaced. Had to put it back in the shop to get that calibrated after the fix, bc it was pulling to the left really bad after the steering rack fix. It’s been one thing after the next.
After having the car for not even a month brand new, it was at the dealership. We’ve replaced the steering wheel, and trimmed the extra material under the steering wheel, at the same time. After that steering wheel got scratched, on another trip to the dealership, I’ve tried to smooth it out by rubbing the leather. Had the rack and pinion replaced for the creaking sound, brake spring noise and a brake squeal issue, pending Acura fix for this, and now I hear a periodic clunk when putting the car in gear when it’s on a slight incline.

Waiting on an MDX that I like and at the right price.
Does your car do this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My new 2021 Advance TLX was suffering from many of the issues other have seen here, like the brake that sounds like a rusty spring to the random creaks and pops from the dashboard.

All this is resolved now! How did I accomplish this with a dealership network that just really doesn't care?

I traded the car.

Good luck everyone, this forum has been very helpful. It also helped me understand my issues with the car are not unique to the one I got, they are "features" built into the design.
I have same problem

·
Registered
2021 TLX Type S
9 Posts
My new 2021 Advance TLX was suffering from many of the issues other have seen here, like the brake that sounds like a rusty spring to the random creaks and pops from the dashboard.

All this is resolved now! How did I accomplish this with a dealership network that just really doesn't care?

I traded the car.

Good luck everyone, this forum has been very helpful. It also helped me understand my issues with the car are not unique to the one I got, they are "features" built into the design.
You resolved your problems by buying a BMW? Enjoy! Be sure and come back and let us know the details!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I came here to make an account just because I had a similar experience with a cheaply made 22 Acura TLX. Picked it up brand new 2 weeks ago and at 700 miles it started getting this vibration rattle any time you hit a minute imperfection in the road

Took it up for warranty service, service tech was a great guy, went for ride along, identified noise as 3rd brake light housing not seated properly. Took my car half the day, said they used some insulated tape to refasten, said they test drove and sound was gone.

I picked up, drove off lot and didn't even make it a half mile down road before it popped back up.

Went back to dealership, cancelled extended warranty, and went to BMW and ended up in a 2019 CPO BMW 430i with 12k miles.

The ride experience between the 2 cars is night and day.

The only thing I miss about my TLX is the styling and that 17 speaker sound system, but it sounds like people are having problems with that too, so I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

So much for Honda/Acura still building reliable cars.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts