Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder what would be involved with replacing my U.S. steering wheel with a Canadian heated model. Is there anyone in a position to know what parts would be needed?

·
Premium Member
4,937 Posts
I wonder what would be involved with replacing my U.S. steering wheel with a Canadian heated model. Is there anyone in a position to know what parts would be needed?[/QUOTE

I haven't too many parts diagrams online to know what would be involved. If no one here can help, maybe an eager parts/service dept from a dealer in Canada would be willing to provide some insight. If you do go that route, let us know what they say.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Definately speak to both US and Canadian service departments.
I asked for you and was told it likely won't work because of the different connections and apparently the harness isn't there..? That was from the shop foreman.

·
Registered
191 Posts
If harness is not there, this will be very difficult to install. And I don't think they install a harness for heating wheel without it... but I can be mistaken.
Maybe you could check if you have a fuse for heating wheel ? (If this is a standalone fuse)

·
Premium Member
4,937 Posts
It is a standalone fuse. Here's a list of the fuses from the owners manual. It looks like it would be fuse 44 if you continue with the numbering sequence.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have seen a diy with great pics and tips of it being done on 3rd gen mdx, not sure if I am allowed to post links to other forums but it was on well known one for mdx, the wife wanted it done but it seemed pretty risky to me for in warranty car, info was great though and it was quite doable...on the mdx, assume pretty much same for tlx

·
Registered
189 Posts
Just bringing this back up to see if there's any new info on a possible swap. I'd love to add a heated steering wheel to my '16. (Hey, Acura... It gets cold here in the States, too, you know!)

·
Super Moderator
872 Posts
I agree. We should also get the heated windshield option too. But then again, wait a few months and it will not be needed.

·
Premium Member
4,937 Posts
It looks like Acura offers it as an accessory from 2018 onward.

Here are the instructions. I’m not sure how different or what you’d be missing in previous years. It may give you an idea though.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Much appreciated, Andre. Something to investigate.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’m attempting to install the 2018+ Heated steering wheel accessory kit on my 2017 US base 2.4 TLX. So far I’ve discovered that the car doesn’t have any wiring for it. I’m waiting for the kit to arrive soon, to see what I need to order for the retrofit. I will update with more info later.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts