Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone got any good ideas on replacement tires for the 245/40-20 tires. I only drive about 6000 miles each year so I don't want a long life tire. Prefer a more softer performance tire. I have a 2020 3.5 V6 SH AWD TLX Advance

·
Super Moderator
765 Posts
Are you looking for a performance tire (which would be softer/stickier)? Check out this thread on taking your TLX to the Track.
TLX @ the track
Or are you looking for a softer ride?
Of course your current (stock) tires should be good for many thousands of miles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Gary, I only drive about 6000 miles per year as my primary mode of transport is a motorcycle. So I don't need a 60,000 mile tire. That would last me about 10 years. I have found on previous cars that the tires start to go off after about 4 years. So I only need a tire to last about 30,000 miles. I drive a bit quickly so a stickier tire would be great. Not looking at spending a crazy amount of money as well.

·
Super Moderator
765 Posts
Are you in snow country? Or will these be all-season tires?
Head over to TireRack.com. That should start you down the path to selecting the right tire. You can also stop by your local tire dealer. They tend to know tires and if you get a salesman who really knows tires, they'll set you up right.
Let us know what you find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts