Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was involved in a accident last week when a driver failed to stop at a stop sign. We were both traveling around 60mph on a rural road. Thankfully we are both okay, but the battle of getting his insurance to take liability has been a slow one. I am so thankful for the safety features in my tlx! I love my car and will forever be an Acura fan! I’m unsure if it’s salvageable.... 4 airbags deployed...but front end doesn’t look so bad.... any feedback from those in the group?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
That looks like a scary accident. Glad you are OK. What a wonder that you walked away. All those airbags and the crumple zone really do work.
I would be worried about all the damage you cannot see.
There was another post about the % of damage vs. the current value of the car to determine if they will "total" the vehicle.
Here is that post.

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
Here is that post from @Crashmaster
Read #2 in the thread and he talks about the % of damage vs. the current value. With front end damage, there is a lot of value up front and the repairs would be more than a rear end accident.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I finally got confirmation that the other driver’s insurance has accepted liability. The inspection of needed repairs will be done on Wed. My state has 75% rule.
If it is totaled another Acura will be in my future. Everyone has commented on how well it took the impact.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Thanks. I finally got confirmation that the other driver’s insurance has accepted liability. The inspection of needed repairs will be done on Wed. My state has 75% rule.
If it is totaled another Acura will be in my future. Everyone has commented on how well it took the impact.
Hopefully a TLX type s or an RDX is in that future :) glad to hear you’re ok.

What’s the 75% rule?

And do you have any pictures of the interior a pillars and dash? I’m curious about how far inward the a pillars blow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I understand it to mean that if the cost to repair the car + the amount it could be sold “as is” at auction exceeds 75% of its cash value in the condition it was in prior, it is deemed totaled... ??‍♀
I didn’t get any of the dash... it all looked intact to me..

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
I understand it to mean that if the cost to repair the car + the amount it could be sold “as is” at auction exceeds 75% of its cash value in the condition it was in prior, it is deemed totaled... ??‍♀
I didn’t get any of the dash... it all looked intact to me..
Wow! Glad you walked away. They say these cars are 5 star. You can see why. I don't know if this was salesman BS, but a few years back and Acura sales person said they a guy had a very bad accident with his Acura. I think it was a TSX then. It was head on I believe and he survived it. He came back to get another Acura after that. It's nice to know they're made well and all of the safety tech has been tested. Most new cars for that matter are much safer because of the stringent requirements of the NHTSA.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Around 60mph... getting it hauled to an Acura certified repair shop. Insurance says it is not totaled....

·
Super Moderator
763 Posts
If it has not been taken apart to see internal damage, the Insurance Company is jumping the gun with their assessment.
Let us know how it all shakes out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was involved in a accident last week when a driver failed to stop at a stop sign. We were both traveling around 60mph on a rural road. Thankfully we are both okay, but the battle of getting his insurance to take liability has been a slow one. I am so thankful for the safety features in my tlx! I love my car and will forever be an Acura fan! I’m unsure if it’s salvageable.... 4 airbags deployed...but front end doesn’t look so bad.... any feedback from those in the group?
I had 13k damage on my 2016 TLX AWD this past October. Insurance company had it repaired. Looks and runs as well as before the accident.

Glad you are OK!

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Holly cow... "only" that from 60MPH... that is incrediable... amazing engineering. the other car was upside down from the impact! Glad you are OK good luck with your TLX.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Unfortunately, insurance deemed it to total loss. Rail structure damage and a “fried” computer module were found after the front bumper was removed. ?

·
Premium Member
4,825 Posts
Unfortunately, insurance deemed it to total loss. Rail structure damage and a “fried” computer module were found after the front bumper was removed. ?
That’s unfortunate. What are you thinking of getting as a replacement? Acura’s safety seemed to be put to the test in this scenario and seems to have done well.

·
Super Moderator
570 Posts
Definitely another Acura. ☺
I feel your pain, glad you're okay. I was the middle part of the sandwich in a four car pileup with my 2015 TLX. Extensive front end and rear damage and the frame was bent. It was totaled. I walked away unhurt and decided to go out and by another one and ended up getting a 2018. So maybe the silver lining here is that you might end up with another, newer TLX? What year was the one you have currently?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts