Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi all!

I bought a new 21 TLX Advance AWD on Monday and only two days later, I REALLY wish I never stepped foot into an Acura dealer...

Don't get me wrong, I love the car. The layout, driving, infotainment, I love all of that. I love the looks, everything.

But these seats. I cannot deal with these seats. It kills my lower back driving in them for more than 15 minutes. The lumbar support, even at it's most deflated setting is way too much and keeps pushing right into my lower back. Combine that with the super short seat bottoms (even with the thigh extension, which really only gives you maybe an extra inch) and I am in pain every time I drive the car.

And yes, I drove it before I bought it. It was fine then...

I have an appointment with an auto upholstery shop next week to see if maybe they can shape the seat, but as I am thinking about it, do I really want to cut up the seat in a brand new car to MAYBE make it comfortable, or should I just cut my losses and buy something else.

I wish I could reverse time and just slap myself in the face before I signed the docs. I wish I had my old trade back and drove straight past the dealer.
I'm no chiropractor, but I would suggest driving the car for another week and see if your body acclimates to the seats. That said, you don't want to do anything that will cause permanent damage and if the car isn't a great fit for you, you gotta do what you gotta do. I wouldn't cut up the seats if I were in your shoes. FWIW, I drove my car two hours to Manhattan, Kansas and had zero discomfort. You may want to go sit in another Acura at the dealer and see if it's a failure in the seat of the individual car rather than all of them.

·
Super Moderator
815 Posts
Just like a new chair, sofa or bed, it does take a while to acclimate to something new. Fortunately, there are more than enough seat controls to give you almost an infinite amount of seat positions. I know it took me about two weeks to get the seat just the way I wanted.

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD Apex Blue/Red
65 Posts
Hmm maybe something is wrong with your seat?? Is it the same in the passenger seat?? Mine feels flat, I dont feel anything protruding in to my lower back??

·
Registered
5 Posts
coming from a spinal fusion I can say the seats in the 21 TLX are really comfortable. I do not have any issue with anything protruding into my back. I would def take it back and have the seat checked. If there is something wrong they should fix/replace it. Worst case check your dealership to see if it can be returned or exchanged. The dealership I purchased mine had a 10 day return policy. After bringing mine to service I noticed a letter on seat stating due to low inventory they would Purchase the vehicle back. Processor shortage has caused new and used vehicle prices to sky rocket so you prob can sell for what you owe.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hi all!

I bought a new 21 TLX Advance AWD on Monday and only two days later, I REALLY wish I never stepped foot into an Acura dealer...

Don't get me wrong, I love the car. The layout, driving, infotainment, I love all of that. I love the looks, everything.

But these seats. I cannot deal with these seats. It kills my lower back driving in them for more than 15 minutes. The lumbar support, even at it's most deflated setting is way too much and keeps pushing right into my lower back. Combine that with the super short seat bottoms (even with the thigh extension, which really only gives you maybe an extra inch) and I am in pain every time I drive the car.

And yes, I drove it before I bought it. It was fine then...

I have an appointment with an auto upholstery shop next week to see if maybe they can shape the seat, but as I am thinking about it, do I really want to cut up the seat in a brand new car to MAYBE make it comfortable, or should I just cut my losses and buy something else.

I wish I could reverse time and just slap myself in the face before I signed the docs. I wish I had my old trade back and drove straight past the dealer.
Just curious if you ever had any resolution to the back pain?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts