Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my TLX Adv last night. When it came time to give me the remotes, the salesmen handed me one remote that had the engine start built in, and then gave me remote #2, which was just a plain FOB without the engine start option. He was unsure if this was correct, as normally both remotes match and he even commented that on the more expensive Acura's they come with two engine start remotes. He said that I can purchase a second engine start remote if I wanted.

Is this supposed to come with just one engine start remote and one remote without engine start? Is that what everyone else received?

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
If your calling it the Advance then your a US buyer, correct? Not 100% sure on US but here in Canada only the base models don't have remote start and with any other package you get the remote start on both fobs.

I can't see why this would be different for US, especially not on a luxury car from Acura. Personally i think you have been short changed but you should wait for other US owners to chime in before getting a beef with your dealer.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Congrat on your new ride and the excitement you felt with the pictures and waxing.

From other reports it seems that the US models only come with one remote that has engine start but the Canadian models come with two. So if you are in the US that is normal. I am the prime drive is it highly unlikely that my seconds one will ever be used.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I just picked up my TLX Adv last night. When it came time to give me the remotes, the salesmen handed me one remote that had the engine start built in, and then gave me remote #2, which was just a plain FOB without the engine start option. He was unsure if this was correct, as normally both remotes match and he even commented that on the more expensive Acura's they come with two engine start remotes. He said that I can purchase a second engine start remote if I wanted.

Is this supposed to come with just one engine start remote and one remote without engine start? Is that what everyone else received?
Welcome to the forum and hope you enjoy it. You will find a lot of information throughout all of the threads and some entertainment, too.

I, too, have the Advance package and it only comes with 1 remote start. It is on the FOB marked #1 . If you live in the southern US you may not need it at all. Here in central Indiana it came in handy during February and March. The remote start only starts the engine, the defrosters, and the heater. It does not turn on lights, or allow you to shift into gear. To use the remote start you have to press the lock button on the FOB first and then press the remote start button. You will see an amber LED flash a couple of times and then see a green LED come on. At that time you can stop pressing the remote start as the engine has started. If the red LED comes on that indicates that the engine failed to start - maybe out of range. At night, as you approach the car, the puddle lights and headlights will come on. Then you have to unlock the car, get in, and press the engine start button with your foot on the brake and the engine will restart with all of the dashboard instruments and shifter functions available. I have not had to use it in hot weather yet, but I presume that the difference will be that the defrosters will not come on and the air will instead of the heater.;)

Also, one final thing to note is that once you restart the car after using the remote you will need to manually turn on either or both defrosters as they go off when the engine is switched from remote start to drive start. If you have your temperatures set properly you shouldn't need to adjust those at all as they are automatic.

I have had my TLX since mid February and enjoy it a lot. I have had no complaints.:)

In what part of the US do you reside?

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see you made your first posts.

Thanks for the photos.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I have base model and reside in California. I purchased the remote starter set-up at time of purchase. Upon installation, we received two large remote starters fobs.

Reactions: Nascart

·
Registered
2 Posts
Alanjm53 or another TLX base owner - Do you know if adding the remote engine start as an add-on creates the option in the software to have your heated seats turn on automatically like they do in the higher models? I really wish they could be programmed to start when the car starts instead of having to turn them on every time I get in the car and was hoping maybe the remote engine start would change the software to allow that.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Alanjm53 or another TLX base owner - Do you know if adding the remote engine start as an add-on creates the option in the software to have your heated seats turn on automatically like they do in the higher models? I really wish they could be programmed to start when the car starts instead of having to turn them on every time I get in the car and was hoping maybe the remote engine start would change the software to allow that.
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post.

Please utilize the search button. I know this topic has been discussed before. It might help in getting you an answer.

·
Registered
255 Posts
It seems that all the settings for "remote start mode" are pre-programmed by Acura and account for ambient temperatures (seat heaters are not activated). It would be far more accommodating for most if these settings, as well as other systems, were more customizable by the individual fob holder (driver 1, driver two). I stand to be corrected, but these are my current observations and opinions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts