Acura TLX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Super Moderator
573 Posts
I use it as well I wish the heated seats would come on with remote start... I think they do in Canadian models but not the US models.
The heated seats do come on with the remote start in the 2018 and newer US models. You can disable the "auto" setting that enables it to turn on automatically for both the driver and passenger.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
2018 yea but I have a 2015.... but mine is set to Auto.... you mean if I just take it off auto and set it it will turn on? I thought if I had it off auto it would always reset to off when the next engine start. I think they changed it for 2018.

·
Registered
469 Posts
The heated seats will only turn on if your car came with remote start from the factory.
If you had the dealer install it, they will not turn on.
I have a US 2015 TLX Tech where I installed the remote start hardware and had the dealer program the remotes.

·
Super Moderator
573 Posts
2018 yea but I have a 2015.... but mine is set to Auto.... you mean if I just take it off auto and set it it will turn on? I thought if I had it off auto it would always reset to off when the next engine start. I think they changed it for 2018.
Sorry Gonzo, I misspoke. I though the auto button would turn on or off the feature for the seat heaters to turn on when the remote starter was used. I re-read the manuals and on both the 2015 and 2018 models "auto" just means that the auto climate control will automatically determine which setting (low-med-high) to turn the heat seaters on depending on the temperature environment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello

Could someone tell me if the Acura remote start unit is installed on the passenger or driver side on the rear?

Thanks
Clyde

·
Registered
469 Posts
Hello

Could someone tell me if the Acura remote start unit is installed on the passenger or driver side on the rear?

Thanks
Clyde
I guess it kind of depends on where you are and what side of the car the driver sits. For US models it’s on the passenger side. If you download the instructions you’ll see that Acura has some very detailed pictures of the install process that show the passenger side.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Everything went smooth. Followed the steps on the guide with no issues. It took about 20 min. Now have to program the keys to the dealer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can someone give me a link to this starter ? I can’t seem to find it anymore on eBay. Thanks !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you have to go to the dealer to get keys programmed? Seems a locksmith should be a better deal. Assuming they can do it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So I bought the kit off ebay. Genuine Acura 2015 - 2017 TLX Remote Engine Start Kit 38015-TZ3-A10 OEM | eBay

Installed it this afternoon. SUPER easy and takes less than 30 mins. All you need is a 10mm socket.

I took the new keys and car to the locksmith but they were unable to program them. They were able to clear all keys to the car and reprogram the 2 keys that came with the car back. But these new key FOBS that came in the kit they could not program. They looked up the FOB in their system and it said they were compatible with 2015, 2016, and 2018 models. It seemed to specifically leave out 2017 for some reason. Can you help? Perhaps I was sent a incompatible FOBs?

If it's worth anything the only deviation to the instructions vs the process of installing the transponder was the tape wrapped around the harness that would connect to the transponder was colored black, not blue per the instructions.

And here is the model info on from the packaging the key FOB's came in:

72147-TZ3-A51
72147-TZ3-A61

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why do you think the dealer will have better luck? The locksmith cleared the FOB's that came with the car and was able to reprogram those. The new ones with the remote start though they cannot.

And if I did go to the dealer is an Acura dealer the only option or should a Honda dealer be able to do it too?

41 - 60 of 66 Posts