Acura TLX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Thanks guys!

I was actually considering either Compustar or Viper but I much prefer this option. I don't want to have to carry more than one remote.
I would highly recommend against aftermarket. They have to cut cables or at least pierce them. If they break in the future it will be a pain to figure out how to fix it or get replacement parts.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm getting the Acura OEM Remote Start kit installed in my '18 TLX today - $0 as a "Dealer Owed" item. But, I saw the service department's write-up listing the cost for the kit + install as $750! Absolutely negotiate the price down, a lot, if you have it done!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have seen some members of the group keep their original fobs as well as the new ones once they have been programmed. The old ones should still work until you get the new ones programmed by the dealer. I can't confirm 100% but that's the way I understand it.
I have two new larger keys with the Remote Start function and both my old keys. Tomorrow I'll see if they old keys still start the car.

·
Super Moderator
573 Posts
I have two new larger keys with the Remote Start function and both my old keys. Tomorrow I'll see if they old keys still start the car.
I had remote start installed in both my 2015 and 2018 TLX's. The old key fobs DO still work and so in both cars I ended up with four working remotes. I like to switch to the smaller, lighter key fob in the seasons that are neither hot or cold and thus I'm not needing to start the car remotely.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone have an aftermarket alarm/remote starter in their cars (e.g. Viper or Compustar)?

The range on the OEM ones aren't too great and I like the LCD's on the aftermarket remotes to know if the doors are locked.

In terms of price, the OEM one's don't seem worth it to me considering how basic they are in terms of features.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I thought at one point Acura had remotes w/ LCDs, but it seems they've reverted to status indicating LEDs. So, the range for the remotes is 328 ft (100 m) which I'm unsure if that's taking into consideration interference. It would be nice if they'd incorporate the remote start into the AcuraLink app so that you could initiate a start from say the baggage claim at an airport. If we can lock/unlock the car via the app I don't see why we shouldn't be able to remote start it, but that doesn't appear to be an option...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, Im new to forum, I currently owe TLX Aspec 2018, just wondering its same remote starter as stating above? If not, can someone help ith the specific one, thanks. Cat.N

·
Premium Member
4,825 Posts
Hi all, Im new to forum, I currently owe TLX Aspec 2018, just wondering its same remote starter as stating above? If not, can someone help ith the specific one, thanks. Cat.N

Welcome. I don’t believe the remote start has changed from the previous years. It should be the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome. I don’t believe the remote start has changed from the previous years. It should be the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Thanks andre12dbsi.

·
Registered
86 Posts
So, they do have different part numbers for the 2015-2017 and the 2018 model years. I also know that for a few months after the 2018 models were released the remote start was not available apparently due to some bugs they were working to address.

·
Premium Member
4,825 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks andre12dbsi.[/QUOTE]

I apologize for any confusion. When I said they were the same, I meant functionality wise in that the LEDs and how they work on the remote. If the part numbers have changed, definitely check with the dealer before buying.

·
Super Moderator
573 Posts
So, they do have different part numbers for the 2015-2017 and the 2018 model years. I also know that for a few months after the 2018 models were released the remote start was not available apparently due to some bugs they were working to address.
Ahhhh, that explains why I wasn't seeing the remote start listed as an accessory on the Acura website when I was originally pricing the 2018 TLX.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does anyone know if the Canadian and US TLXs have the same remote starter?

I have a Canadian TLX and I'm planning to order a remote starter from oemacuraparts.com

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi-
My wife drives a 2015 TLX/Technology that I was hoping to install the remote start in but none of these links work. Does anyone have an up to date link that will show install procedure and the kit to purchase?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Installed Factory Remote Start on my 2018 TLX A-SPEC. It's very easy install. Programmed at the dealership for free where I purchased the car.

I love this remote start and use it everyday.

21 - 40 of 66 Posts