Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, new here. Just picked up my Apex Blue SH-AWD A-Spec Thursday. Loving it.

After discovering there is no remote start built in unless using the app I started searching. I found there is a kit to add it. Anyone tried it? I also saw in the 1st Gen it was fobs and a module that has to be programmed by the dealer. Is the 2nd gen the same way? I couldn't tell form the listing as it only showed a pair of fobs in 1 pic.

I ask because I'm coming from a 2018 Accord EX-L 2.0T which comes with remote start for $15K less!! The bottom level Accord trims (LX & Sport 1.5T) could have a fob programmed by the dealer that has the remote start button on it and it would work. No module or anything to be added. Has anyone ventured down this road with the 2nd Gen TLX yet?

I searched here and found no reference to it for the 2nd gen so hoping someone has details to share.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. (y)

You can always get the information you need here.

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD Apex Blue/Red
45 Posts
The idiots over at Acura of pembroke pines, told me they dont have this anymore for the 2021 TLX, LOL!!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The idiots over at Acura of pembroke pines, told me they dont have this anymore for the 2021 TLX, LOL!!!!
My salesman told me it existed. It runs $600, I can pay for the part of the app that does that for 5 years for that much $$

I'll be sure to tell Acura what a POS omission it is.

Here are the instructions on how to install the remote start accessory. It seems to be the same procedure as the 1st generation in that you install a module and then the fobs need to be programmed by the dealer.

Thanks for the info. I've read the module needs to be programmed to the car as well.

Hello and welcome to the forum. (y)

You can always get the information you need here.
Thank you!

·
Registered
2021 Acura TLX A-Spec SH-AWD Apex Blue/Red
45 Posts
My salesman told me it existed. It runs $600, I can pay for the part of the app that does that for 5 years for that much $$

I'll be sure to tell Acura what a POS omission it is.
They also didnt know how to turn on the blind spot monitoring system. They told me it wasnt available on the A-Spec. Only the Advance. LOL!!!!

·
Registered
2016 I4 Tech - Fathom Blue Pearl w/ chrome trim blackouts, Enkie Vulcan wheels, remote start & more
363 Posts
Sounds like you bought your car from the wrong dealer!

Congrats, though!

Reactions: MarcoTLX and CtK

·
Registered
2021 TLX 2.0T ADV/AWD Majestic Black Pearl/Ebony
87 Posts
After discovering there is no remote start built in unless using the app
For some reason Acura moved that particular feature to the "Advance" package for MY 2021. My car will start from the key fob.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts