Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added the remote start from my Acura dealer but one thing that I was disappointed in was once the car is started the head lights or any other lights do not come on.

Is there a way that when the car is started that the head lights can come on or at least the daylight running lights? At night it's a pain to come out to a dark car.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I actually see the "no lights" feature as a positive security feature because it doesn't attract attention to the car running. As such I have not tried what I am about to suggest but here goes. As you a approach your vehicle press the unlock button on your key fob. That will probably turn off the engine but should turn on your lights. Mine came with the advance package and as I approach the car at about five or six feet the puddle lights come on even with the engine running. I have to turn the engine off and restart it with the start button before it will remember my preferences and allow access to instruments and transmission.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually see the "no lights" feature as a positive security feature because it doesn't attract attention to the car running. As such I have not tried what I am about to suggest but here goes. As you a approach your vehicle press the unlock button on your key fob. That will probably turn off the engine but should turn on your lights. Mine came with the advance package and as I approach the car at about five or six feet the puddle lights come on even with the engine running. I have to turn the engine off and restart it with the start button before it will remember my preferences and allow access to instruments and transmission.
Wade, thanks for the response....puddle lights come on in my wife's 2015 MDX as well....I don't have to turn my engine off and restart, if I just give the start button a quick push with my foot on the brake and it is fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts