Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a few problems with my TLX. Not going to revisit that here. But, what I want to do is speak a bit to the reasons why I really, really like this car. I work a few miles from my home so my daily drive usually consists of about 15 minutes behind the wheel.

Yesterday, the other half and I took a drive to wine country. Sunroof open. Windows down. ELS sounding amazing. I flat out love the way this car drives. It's quiet. Road imperfections don't phase it at all. The steering feedback is great. It's no NSX but it isn't meant to be one. It's a perfectly acceptable driving mid sized luxury vehicle.

One more thing. I've called this car Sybil in the past and I still do but I'll give her credit where credit is due. That tranny didn't miss a beat while carving through the two lane mountain roads yesterday. All I could do was smile. :D

·
Registered
274 Posts
It's that same feeling that I get that keeps me happy about my purchase. And Sybil is a great name for when she acts up..

Thanks for this post! :)

Wes

·
Registered
260 Posts
Nice to hear positive feedback on the TLX. I take it that you would make the purchase again if you could go back in time? I'm jealous of the warm weather you have down in California. Can't believe you can put the sunroof down in February. Its 20 degrees below Celsius up here in Toronto. Brrrrr.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice to hear positive feedback on the TLX. I take it that you would make the purchase again if you could go back in time? I'm jealous of the warm weather you have down in California. Can't believe you can put the sunroof down in February. Its 20 degrees below Celsius up here in Toronto. Brrrrr.

We've had record temperatures in Northern California for weeks now. It was in the lower 70s on Sunday!
Would I make the purchase again? I'm sure I'd make "A" purchase again. There's a lot to like about the TLX. If I had the choice, I would have waited. I have a very early production car. Within the first 2000 produced. Can't honestly say if that would have made a difference with some of the bugs I've had but I'd lay money that time would have made a difference.
I spent a number of years working for GM. Design issues, mechanical issues were resolved as production continued. Granted the software problems didn't really exist but the local production facility paid extremely close attention to problems experienced with their vehicles after they were in the hands of the public.

·
Registered
317 Posts
The good thing with the extreme cold especially for those up in the northern states is, it's a good test on the delivered TLX's! Extreme cold really tests a car.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Its crazy how the west is getting record high temperatures while the east is getting record low temperatures. I'll be honest, I'm jealous of those west coast folks.

I also try not to get cars that are brand brand new just to make sure there aren't problems. With the TLX that turned out to be a good decision.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Old Fogey here! One really nice thing about my FWD V6 Advanced package is nigh time driving. For the past five years I have been driving TSX's (leased) and I liked them but hated to drive at night. The glare from headlights coming in through the windshield as well as the glare from lights in my rear and side view mirrors made it very hard to see the road. It almost seemed like everybody was driving with their high beams on. This TLX set me back about ten years with eyesight. The windshield is apparently tinted in such a way as oncoming headlight glare is cut way down. The glare reducing mirrors do a fantastic job. I had an SUV a ways behind me last night with almost blue white halogens that, when he caught up with me shined directly into my rear view mirror. He stood out from the rest of the traffic big time. When he did catch up to me my mirrors deadened the glare so that it wasn't an issue at all. Fortunately, though, he did turn off and I didn't have him behind me long. So far I haven't experienced any of the problems that have been reported elsewhere in this forum but then I really haven't had a chance to drive it much. I just got it last Saturday.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Old Fogey here! One really nice thing about my FWD V6 Advanced package is nigh time driving. For the past five years I have been driving TSX's (leased) and I liked them but hated to drive at night. The glare from headlights coming in through the windshield as well as the glare from lights in my rear and side view mirrors made it very hard to see the road. It almost seemed like everybody was driving with their high beams on. This TLX set me back about ten years with eyesight. The windshield is apparently tinted in such a way as oncoming headlight glare is cut way down. The glare reducing mirrors do a fantastic job. I had an SUV a ways behind me last night with almost blue white halogens that, when he caught up with me shined directly into my rear view mirror. He stood out from the rest of the traffic big time. When he did catch up to me my mirrors deadened the glare so that it wasn't an issue at all. Fortunately, though, he did turn off and I didn't have him behind me long. So far I haven't experienced any of the problems that have been reported elsewhere in this forum but then I really haven't had a chance to drive it much. I just got it last Saturday.
I find many headlights to be blinding when driving into them as well. Its great for me to see the road but to the detriment of everyone else? The glare reducing mirrors sound awesome though.

·
Registered
222 Posts
the key is to not look directly at their lighting, i come across cars with super bright lighting all the time and it can be a problem, but easy enough to manage.
the worst is when it's a truck behind you with bright lighting!

·
Registered
423 Posts
the key is to not look directly at their lighting, i come across cars with super bright lighting all the time and it can be a problem, but easy enough to manage.
the worst is when it's a truck behind you with bright lighting!
I need to know how not to look into blinding lights! I am like a bug...i see the glare and look straight into it 'owwwww bright light'

·
Registered
255 Posts
It'so the styling!

I drove up behind an Infiniti G35 sedan (albeit a few years old) today and thought of what a great job Acura has done with styling their TSX sport sedan. The G35 coupe stands fine, but the sedan (with its taller profile and stance) is just not something that I would want to live with for longer than a weekend rental. A profile silhouette of the TSX looks like a coupe. Nice work!

If you took away my TSX and gave me all my money back, no questions asked... I'd go right back and buy it again!

Reactions: MikeinEDH

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
I drove up behind an Infiniti G35 sedan (albeit a few years old) today and thought of what a great job Acura has done with styling their TSX sport sedan. The G35 coupe stands fine, but the sedan (with its taller profile and stance) is just not something that I would want to live with for longer than a weekend rental. A profile silhouette of the TSX looks like a coupe. Nice work!

If you took away my TSX and gave me all my money back, no questions asked... I'd go right back and buy it again!
You might be talking about your new TLX? I know I had a difficult time saying TLX after owning TSXs since 2004. Let me know if I am wrong.
:)

·
Registered
255 Posts
You are correct. Must have been a Freudian slip...

...and maybe some of that 9.25% dark Belgian ale that I sampled last night...

(remember kids, don't drink and post...)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts