Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for a TLX used just to use as a daily driver. the 4 cylinder is enough power for me so don’t need to spend extra on the 6. Want it to last for a good long time with as little trouble as possible. Shopping a Lexus ES350 as well. Prefer the looks and interior of TLX and the TLX is a few grand cheaper on the used marker as well but just want the most reliable option. Would you guys recommend color copies online near me?

·
Super Moderator
819 Posts
Welcome ot the forum.
Reliability? Very good topic with many opinions. All you need is one thing wrong on your vehicle and with the anonimity of the internet, the reliability of a vehicle can be damaged!
My 2015 is reliable in my eyes. Are there issues that bother me? Yes, but they do not rise to the level of trashing the mark. Some complain about the user interface of the Infotainment. Does that impact the reliability? It did impact their ratings in the JD Powers poll. But does it impact the reliability?
My car starts, shifts into and out of P. Goes realy fast :) I like it!
Good luck with your decision.

·
Super Moderator
716 Posts
Looking for a TLX used just to use as a daily driver. the 4 cylinder is enough power for me so don’t need to spend extra on the 6. Want it to last for a good long time with as little trouble as possible. Shopping a Lexus ES350 as well. Prefer the looks and interior of TLX and the TLX is a few grand cheaper on the used marker as well but just want the most reliable option. Would you guys recommend?
I agree with Gary's feedback. I'm on my second TLX, both 4 cylinder models with the Technology package. Definitely would recommend a used TLX with the 8-speed DCT. One thing you might want to consider is a used version of the second generation (2018 or 2019 model year) which has the diamond pentagon grille and the improved infotainment system which adds Apple Car Play and Android Auto.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I did a lot of research before buying my '16 I4 Tech. The TLX is basically a dressed-up Honda, and based on what I've seen, the 2.4 has proven to be pretty bulletproof.

Reactions: Gonzo

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2018 and it has been flawless. I have the 6 with A-spec, tech package and paws, and other than some minor funkiness with the Nav system I have been very happy. It is comfortable and fast and it sounds great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts