Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I test drove a TLX V6 a few days ago on a sunny day and I couldn't help but notice an annoying reflection of the metallic molding around the grill on the left side. This reflection was constant in the drivers side mirror. Did anyone else notice this and is there any possible fix.

·
Super Moderator
1,081 Posts
Yes, I noticed it as well. I also told my Honda contact!
Maybe we can ask #OsirisSk8rGuy what tape he used to delete the Chrome from his Bellanova TLX!

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Ive noticed it but it doesnt bother me. It only catches the reflection when the light is hitting the vent a certain way. Not a deal breaker for me.

Reactions: Wade

·
Registered
170 Posts
I noticed it too. Probably adjusting the side mirror angle or slight change in seat position may help. I guess I am OK with that since I don't look at the mirrors anyway LOL.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I notice it much more now that we have left gray skies for sunshine. The higher sun may also make it worse, and i find the drivers side reflection is far more obtrusive. Not sure what i am going to do about it though...its on the list fir my dealer visit in a few weeks...

Would like to hear from someone who did something about it though!

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

I test drove a TLX V6 a few days ago on a sunny day and I couldn't help but notice an annoying reflection of the metallic molding around the grill on the left side. This reflection was constant in the drivers side mirror. Did anyone else notice this and is there any possible fix.
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post. :)

Use the SEARCH feature and you will see a couple of options.

Did it sway you away from the TLX?

The reflection does not bother me, but each can see this issue differently.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I only notice it when someone new comes on the forum and mentions it. (wink) After a few days it "disappears" again. (and just for the record... the reflection is on the window, not in the mirror. You just see it on the window when you are looking at the mirror)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I asked the Acura salesman about the the fix mentioned in the OnePack video. He didn't know anything about it. He acknowledged that a lot of customers complain about it and suggested I get vinal paint and paint it myself.
I really like the car, but if I'm going to pay 50k for a luxury car, I expect some attention to detail from Acura engineers.

·
Super Moderator
1,081 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
I noticed vent trim reflection on the passenger side as well when viewed from the passenger seat even when it was cloudy out side.

If the reflection is actually seen on the window glass as opposed to side mirror, may be window tinting would help? Anyone with aftermarket tint can verify and let us know?

Also, while driving in light rain at night in the city, I had hard time getting a clear visibility while driving under street lights. May be the steep angle of the wind shield results in glare in such conditions. I came home and immediately applied RainX on the windshield, hope that will take care of the problem.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
I noticed vent trim reflection on the passenger side as well when viewed from the passenger seat even when it was cloudy out side.

If the reflection is actually seen on the window glass as opposed to side mirror, may be window tinting would help? Anyone with aftermarket tint can verify and let us know?

Also, while driving in light rain at night in the city, I had hard time getting a clear visibility while driving under street lights. May be the steep angle of the wind shield results in glare in such conditions. I came home and immediately applied RainX on the windshield, hope that will take care of the problem.
For me, tinting the window did not help with the vent glare.

I haven't noticed any issue driving in rain at night in the city.

Above opinions are my own. I am sure others may vary. :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Mine are tinted, they still reflect. Is a property of GLASS. We could have them put in non-reflective plexiglass, but the thermal and safety properties wouldn't hold up to well.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.