Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
I've only seen the black and white at the dealer. I'd like to see the red and the blue as well. It will be good once there are a few more around.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is this the only red color that the TLX comes in? These pictures look a bit darker than I remember the TLX being in red.

Yes, for 2015 anyhow.

In the past, I have seen Milano Red on other Acura vehicles, but this time it is Red Basque Pearl II.

I have Red Basque Pearl I on my current 2011 TSX. The TLX seems to be more Bing cherry color, at least that is my opinion from the pictures.

·
Registered
727 Posts
red on the concept was so much nicer
the red that's seen on the production model just looks bad to me, not something i'd go for. maybe i just need to see one in person.

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
I think it's a color that needs to be seen to be appreciated. The concept at the auto shows was a lot brighter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
red on the concept was so much nicer
the red that's seen on the production model just looks bad to me, not something i'd go for. maybe i just need to see one in person.
I did like the concept/prototype color and would have selected it if it was an option.

The Basque Red Pearl II looks a bit different than Basque Red Pearl I. At least I get that opinion from uploaded pix I have seen. The colors on the Acura website aren't as accurate.

Everyone has an opinion on colors or colours. It's a personal choice. I like reds since I can remember. I am not so much a fan of Milano Red.

Personally I never had or plan to buy a White or Black colored car, but again that is a preference of mine. I always thought that they would require too much care to keep clean. I like a clean car, but I don't want to wash it every week. Also a black car in South Florida really soaks up the heat from the Sun. These colors do look nice, when clean. I would also think Northerners would get tired of white when winter comes. How do you find your car in the snow?:)

I really like the Black Copper and Graphite, but they are too close to Black for my tastes. If they were lighter to distinguish each, they would be a strong contender.

I thought about this Basque Red Pearl color choice a couple days ago and remembered this is my third car with this same color.

1984 Accord
2011 TSX
and hopefully soon, 2015 TLX.

Silver comes in second

2004 TSX
2007 TSX

Although I have favorites, I find none of the colors hideous. :)

·
Registered
260 Posts
I like the prototype red much more than the production red. I don't see why they switched it. Maybe they though a darker red would appeal to more people than a bright red. Car companies tend not to take risks with car colors.

·
Retired Moderator
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wait, are both Basque Red Pearl I and II available on the TLX? rookie move i know 0:)
Only II is available on the TLX.

When I bought my 2011 TSX they referred to it a plain old Basque Red Pearl.

From the pictures, II looks more bing cherry red, but I could be mistaken.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I don't understand why you would name two different colors the same thing with a different number at the end. Are they trying to confuse people?

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
It's not the first time I've seen this. The color of my current vehicle is Dyno Blue Pearl II. Half way though the 2012 model year Honda switched to Dyno Blue Pearl II from Dyno Blue Pearl. It's very confusing. I went to get some touch up paint from the dealer and the parts dept gave the wrong color. Good thing I checked the paint code before I used it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1 - 17 of 17 Posts