Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have been a professional driver for 9 years.

I have developed a sensitivity to hydrocarbons and volatile compounds.

The recirculation in my Acura TLX 2020 A spec is not good enough. It allows too much outside air in.

Just because there is no smell doesn't mean you aren't breathing in hydrocarbons. You know how you feel when you breathe in a whiff of dust and get that dry throat feeling? Yeah that's how I feel behind other cars. And if I'm exposed enough I get a pounding head ache behind my left eye. Woo hoo. Paying a lease to get brain cancer.

I just have to say that I'm thoroughly disappointed that Honda didn't get their **** together. I had a 93 civic and I had absolutely no issues with that so I assumed it would be okay for a 2020 model.

My 2014 kenworth has the best hvac system which actually makes me reinvigorated and like I'm on vacation. So I have something to compare it to. And I have to say it's quite sad that a heavy duty diesel has better air quality than a luxury sedan.

There might be something wrong with the HVAC system in the acura. Because the auto function for the ac never goes below max bars no matter how long I leave the auto function on. I'm going to take it into acura and see what the f is wrong with it.

I am replacing the filters in half the recommended interval. So it really is quite a disappointment and I'll probably never touch a Acura or Honda product again because of this.

·
Super Moderator
815 Posts
Have you tried using different filters? I know for example that FRAM has a standard model called the TRUEAIR and then a better filter called the FRESH BREEZE Cabin Air Filter. This filter according to FRAM:

"The FRAM® Fresh Breeze cabin air filter is the only cabin air filter that uses the natural deodorizing properties of ARM & HAMMER™ baking soda. Contaminants that enter the vehicle with outside air through the vehicle’s air conditioning, heating and ventilation system can become concentrated and expose passengers to road dust, dirt and allergens at higher levels than outside the car."

I can tell a difference between a stock filter and this Fresh Breeze. You might check it out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey it worked. I had some EP auto brand air filters and they are actually better than stock. I ordered some fram ones and if those aren't optimal enough for city driving imma upgrade to bosch brand! I also vacuumed the s*** out of my interior because I hadn't done so since I leased it lol. It makes sense since I'm always parking my car in dusty areas.

·
Super Moderator
815 Posts
And the best part is you can purchase these filters from Walmart or Amazon and have them to you in a few days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts