Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone buy these after the fact and install them? I don't know what I was thinking by not getting them when I leased especially with a white car.

The price installed at the dealer is $160 plus tax. Depending what the price is not including installation I may do it myself.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Im wondering why Acura only decided to put the front pair on instead of the whole set.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Im wondering why Acura only decided to put the front pair on instead of the whole set.
Honda and Acura have been doing if for years. Years ago the CRVs were only getting the rears from the factory.

Selling them as an accessory allows the dealer a chance to make a few bucks after we sell the car to you at cost.....:D

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll give the dealer a call this week to get a price without installation. They can't be that hard to do.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Fronts and rears guards, trunk carpet covers and a spoiler were all already installed when they rolled her out of the showroom.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I got my front and rear splash guards and wheel locks for free.

After the dealer told me they automatically install the protection package 2 I told them I didn't want it. They told me they wouldn't install it. The day I show up to buy my car they said they accidentally installed the package and that I would be getting free wheel locks and splash guards. I guess the trunk mat was easy for them to take out and not lose money on :D

·
Registered
727 Posts
I'm at a hate and love relationship with slash guards, while they obviously help and make life easier, I hate how they look :(

My way around it has been with stopping by cheap coin car washes, helps when you can use the power washer they provide to clean your ride.

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know. I think the car looks better without them but sometimes it's just not practical to wash as often as the road debris ends up on the car. Tar is the biggest one. Stones as well. The TLX ones are painted too which isn't as bad as the black ones that Honda had on my last car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts