Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thoughts? I found this trunk lip spoiler, as I do not like the spoiler sold by Acura for the TLX.

Just have to color match, via VIN, and attach.

Acura TLX 2015-On Trunk Lip Spoiler
I've seen this lip spoiler before also, and am not sure how I feel about it. Maybe color matched it might look better, but I haven't felt like spending the money to buy one and get it painted to find out that I don't like it. I personally think that if I didn't buy an OEM spoiler, I would want an aftermarket one to be more of a duckbill or wald type spoiler. Another thing to keep in mind is that the only thing that is going to be holding this lip spoiler onto your car is double sided tape.

I kind of liked the spoiler they made of the Galpin Auto Sema TLX:

http://gearheads.org/wp-content/upl...oncept-TLX-Debuts-at-the-2014-SEMA-Show-4.jpg

One last note, if you do decide to go with an OEM spoiler, they have been having trouble with the fitment. Many people are reporting gaps after having it installed at dealerships. Acura supposedly re-made the installation template, but I think some people are still reporting problems. Over at Acurazine there is an entire thread on it

·
Registered
979 Posts
I thought about putting a carbon fiber spoiler like that on my car. it's made by password JDM and it's ment for a 9TH gen civic, a friend of mine has it and i thought about it but i'm not sure it would match anything on the car.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I guess it depends on the look you want. I enjoy the Acura version; it is colour matched and subtle while adding some more dimension to the rear lid.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've seen this lip spoiler before also, and am not sure how I feel about it. Maybe color matched it might look better, but I haven't felt like spending the money to buy one and get it painted to find out that I don't like it. I personally think that if I didn't buy an OEM spoiler, I would want an aftermarket one to be more of a duckbill or wald type spoiler. Another thing to keep in mind is that the only thing that is going to be holding this lip spoiler onto your car is double sided tape.

I kind of liked the spoiler they made of the Galpin Auto Sema TLX:

http://gearheads.org/wp-content/upl...oncept-TLX-Debuts-at-the-2014-SEMA-Show-4.jpg

One last note, if you do decide to go with an OEM spoiler, they have been having trouble with the fitment. Many people are reporting gaps after having it installed at dealerships. Acura supposedly re-made the installation template, but I think some people are still reporting problems. Over at Acurazine there is an entire thread on it
would this one fit 2015 tlx as well?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.