Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like that they have finally added this feature. But (personally) I wish they had reversed the format - 40 drivers side, 60 passengers side.

Or developed a 40/20/40 folding rear seat :)

What are your thoughts on the format?

·
Super Moderator
1,015 Posts
The pass thru is a nice feature. I've used it in another vehicle. I'll wait till I ding this one up before I try to shove a bicycle into the trunk and then into the rear seat area with the seat folded down.
I don't have a preference
40 drivers side, 60 passengers side
or
60 drivers side, 40 passengers side

I think the 40/20/40 would be a more difficult engineering challenge. The "20" would be subject to damage if it was pushed one way or the other when not latched in the up position.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I am towards the other side, I don't know if it was designed this way but makes it easier to have a child seat and fold the seats down. if it was the other way round you wouldn't have the large opening with a chld seat in and only the smaller which is similar to the pass through on the TL when down (ok, slightly bigger).

The 40/20/40 would in theory probably be the best but I bet that would compromise seat comfort due to the way it would have to be designed (chances are both rear passengers would lose butt space).

·
Registered
144 Posts
Don't really have a preference on the driver and passenger seats but I'm not a big fan of the 40/20/40 design. The person sitting in the middle always lose and the people sitting in the back would lose valuable butt and armrest space.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Would it kill them to revive the ski pass-through at the arm rest like they had in my '99 CL? They design these cars with NO compatible roof rack options and tow will void the warrenty (if you wanted to use a hitch rack as an option for example). That's my only gripe with the engineering on the modern rooflines. They should be able to design a modular system that work within the roof seams. The split seats preclude travel with gear AND passengers and the SHAWD make this a perfect four season adventure sedan.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Would it kill them to revive the ski pass-through at the arm rest like they had in my '99 CL? They design these cars with NO compatible roof rack options and tow will void the warrenty (if you wanted to use a hitch rack as an option for example). That's my only gripe with the engineering on the modern rooflines. They should be able to design a modular system that work within the roof seams. The split seats preclude travel with gear AND passengers and the SHAWD make this a perfect four season adventure sedan.
I doubt it'll happen, over the years it seems car makers have been seeing a lack of interest in that feature although for me... i find it to be useful, plus its way too easy to implement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts