Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read reports that the Rear Cross-Traffic Monitor may not be working as advertised on the TLXs with the Tech Package. The product seems to work fine on the Advance/Elite packages.

Some Tech owners have wondered if the lack of sensors on the rear bumper are the issue for Tech, since Advance/Elite have these sensors.

The verdict is still out, but I tested mine tonight at a shopping center parking lot. In my test, I had the car in reverse to bring up the camera. When cars passed by, I did see the double warning arrows but I never heard any alerts.

Has anyone been successful in getting audible alerts out of their Rear Cross-Traffic Monitor with their "Tech" TLX? The following video from Acura says both Tech and Advance have the complete package.

Acura ? 2015 TLX ? Rear Cross-Traffic Monitor - YouTube

·
Registered
727 Posts
Do you think it's possible that there's a setting to turn the beeping on/off?
Might be a chance of that, by going through the infotainment system.

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you think it's possible that there's a setting to turn the beeping on/off?
Might be a chance of that, by going through the infotainment system.
I was thinking that too, but it seems to happen only on TLXs with the tech package.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Yer, the beep is only on the cars with the sensors. You only get the visual alert on the Tech's.
Hope they patch this as couldn't find a setting to turn it to audio myself.

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will submit my case to my dealer

I spoke with my salesman and service rep about this issue in detail over the phone. I provided all of the input I received online. I need to take my car in again for faulty indicators. At that time I will demo the problem in person. I will also print out as much information I can to show them I am not the only one affected.

While this is not a critical issue, it should be fixed since that is what they told us when we bought the car.

If nothing takes shape, maybe I can create a package and send it to Acura Customer Relations.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I didn't see any setting to turn it on. I think we need to talk to Acura/Honda directly about this. Seems like something they could fix in software. This beep would be very helpful, as my wife isn't always looking at the display when backing up.

·
Registered
438 Posts
i will be honest here, call me crazy here but i actually never expected the tech package to offer a cross-traffic monitor with beeps, on the sole reason that sensors are not equipped in the tech package at all and only offered in the elite/advance package

did they specifically say that you WILL hear beeps as part of the cross-traffic monitor package though?

my guess is they didnt differeniate (or lack of clarification) the cross-traffic system enough between the tech and advance package to say that the lower trim will not have audio beeps.

Reactions: aronj

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
The advance package comes with

Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow**

Auto-dimming side mirrors

Collision Mitigation Braking System™** (CMBS®)

Headlamp washers

LED fog lights

Parking sensors

Perimeter/approach puddle lights

Road Departure Mitigation (RDM™) system

Ventilated front seats

From what my dealer told me, the beeping comes only with the Advance/Elite package as that is what those parking sensors are used for apparently.

·
Registered
30 Posts
did they specifically say that you WILL hear beeps as part of the cross-traffic monitor package though?

my guess is they didnt differeniate (or lack of clarification) the cross-traffic system enough between the tech and advance package to say that the lower trim will not have audio beeps.
The manual, which I linked above, does say it beeps, and does not say there are any differences between tech and advanced.

So, while I thought it weird that I didn't see sensors, I did expect it to beep and show arrows. It was a selling point.

If it can show arrows, then it can beep.

·
Registered
438 Posts
i dunno man, somehow i feel that if u guys do THEORETICALLY go the litigation route, i doubt u guys will win

i mean, if it beeps at the tech package, whats the point of selling parking sensors as a perk for the elite/advance package which does the same thing?

and i just checked canadian acura's TLX website where they list their features, and they didnt mention audio beeps for their cross-traffic monitor

and you better check the ENTIRE manual to make sure there is no fine print saying something like "on selected trims only" on some of the features

just playing devil's advocate here....

but that said, it shouldn't be too hard to program a beep if they can display an arrow too

ADD:
hmm, looks like the beep is actually advertised on US acura's site:
http://www.acura.com/Features.aspx?model=TLX&modelYear=2015&context=Exterior#rear_cross_traffic_mon

now i take everything back lol, this may be worth looking into

Reactions: ugpo and Summest

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't think we need litigation, after all, we just need the beep. I don't think it is safe to back up and just look at the display. So when you look away, that beep could save you.

Hopefully the firmware is easy to update. I know on the Tesla cars, they can update the firmware over the air, i.e. while parked in your garage.

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Differences between I4 Tech, V6 Advance and V6 Tech

I have heard numerous times that I4 Tech does not get a beep while the V6 Advance does.

What about the V6 Tech? Just curious.

At first I thought the sensors had something to do with it. But then if we are getting the arrows to appears when it senses a car, where and how is that being sensed?

This car has a lot of tech and definitely offers some puzzle solving.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have read reports that the Rear Cross-Traffic Monitor may not be working as advertised on the TLXs with the Tech Package. The product seems to work fine on the Advance/Elite packages.

Some Tech owners have wondered if the lack of sensors on the rear bumper are the issue for Tech, since Advance/Elite have these sensors.

The verdict is still out, but I tested mine tonight at a shopping center parking lot. In my test, I had the car in reverse to bring up the camera. When cars passed by, I did see the double warning arrows but I never heard any alerts.

Has anyone been successful in getting audible alerts out of their Rear Cross-Traffic Monitor with their "Tech" TLX? The following video from Acura says both Tech and Advance have the complete package.

Acura ? 2015 TLX ? Rear Cross-Traffic Monitor - YouTube

HI, I got my TLX v6 tech SH-AWD monday and tested the Rear cross traffic and if a car is coming towards me from the side when i back up i do get a beeping sound.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The cross traffic beep should use the same sensor (optical recognition) as the arrows. The small radar detectors in the advance package rear bumper are for parking etc. I assume the single forward bumper radar detector is for collision warning, but mine has never gone off.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The cross traffic beep should use the same sensor (optical recognition) as the arrows. The small radar detectors in the advance package rear bumper are for parking etc. I assume the single forward bumper radar detector is for collision warning, but mine has never gone off.
My mistake: The Front Sensor Camera handles the collision warning. The radar sensor is in the front grille (p352) I can't find what the quarter sized insert in the bumper is used for.

·
Retired Moderator
2019 TLX
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I can't find what the quarter sized insert in the bumper is used for.
I am not sure if I am thinking the same thing you are, but if you pop out the insert the towing hook screws into there. Or so I was told. It's odd it is on the passenger side and not in the center.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.