Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I've been getting an intermittent rattle from the rear window/shelf area when it is cold outside and I can not pinpoint it to anything in specific. I'm kind of wondering if this is due to the antenna fin but not sure how I go about diagnosing it.

This noise is very loud, sounds like a plastic on plastic sound, and can happen with even a slight bump or even on a smooth road. It tends to happen when its cold outside but not all the time.

I have a video of the noise but cant attach it . I saw that someone else had posted a video of a similar noise under the complaints section. I'd appreciate your input on this.

·
Registered
457 Posts
What year is your car?

My guess is the rear deck. There are a few posts, as well as write ups, on how to fix this issue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is 2016. I did have the rear shelf fixed for the rattles due to music etc. But this seems different. Is this what you're referring to?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just checked today. Sound seem to come somewhere in the roof near the back. I pushed on every panel inside the car and none made a difference.

·
Super Moderator
527 Posts
Have you brought it in to a dealer and had a service technician take a look/test drive? Rattles can be difficult to pinpoint the source. I'd have them look at it or start by having a friend sit in the back seat while you are driving and see if he/she might be able to locate it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have tried that and still can not pinpoint it to anything specific. It seems to come from somewhere inside the lining of the roof.

·
Super Moderator
728 Posts
This is certainly a mystery. I have found that with all the glass in the cabin, the sound tends to bounce around and gives you a false sense of its location (origin).
Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I found out the where noise comes from. It seems that in cold weather, top part of the rear window rattles. I wonder if the westherstrip is the issue or moisture is building up in that light tray. Any thoughts?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts