Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can post a video over the next week or so for you to hear. I have this annoying rattle noise, it is weird because it mostly only happens in the winter, but not on all days usually when it is an extra cold day. I have been unable to pinpoint exactly where the noise is coming from, it sounds like either the shark fin antenna or the rear window. It rattles constantly on even the slightest bump. I checked for snow/ice around the areas and there is nothing, I have even had the car washed and it still rattles.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Any chance its coming from another area.... like the passenger seat belt buck? That shakes a bit but moving it forward stop its.. sometimes sounds come from one area but sounds like it from another. Otherwise the 2nd place I would think of is the rear deck rattle... could be acting.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I know what you are talking about and it is definitely not the seatbelt I'll have to get a friend to drive while I sit back there and feel around to hopefully narrow in on it. Rear deck is a maybe.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Also one thought... you may have confirm the seat back is all the away back /locked into position.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I figured out where this noise comes from. When its cold out, try gently tapping on the top part of the rear window with your fist and see if it makes that sound. Mine certainly does. I wonder if it's due to moisture accumulation that freezes and causes it to rattle like that .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts