Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my TLX since October 1st and it now has 2500 miles. I drive to and from work an avg 40 miles a day on a straight freeway, 70mph. Last weekend we finally took the car for a road trip, up the coast of California and to Big Sur. It handled the hills and curves beautifully by the way. While I usually drive it exclusively in Econ mode for commuting this time I drove it mostly in Normal. This is when I noticed the Range indicator was jumping all over the place. Generally the Range decreases a mile at a time in correlation with the miles I have traveled. But it was losing miles by 10 and 20 miles at a time. I thought perhaps it had something to do with the hills and curves although they really were pretty gentle hills compared to some. At one point it lost almost 100 miles. This morning I drove to work, same freeway, and it was in Normal mode. I had 1/4 tank left and I usually average 100 miles to each quarter tank. I started out at 122 miles when I left the house and it quickly dropped to 102, 105, 110, 132, the number was just ticking around in front of me as I drove, same straight 70mph freeway drive. When I switched to Econ it seemed to stay stable. Does anyone have an explanation for this?

·
Registered
438 Posts
mine fluctuates as well, and i think it has to do with the current MPG you are driving at.

when i tried commuting to work, which involve 75% city of bad traffic and 25% hwy near the end, my range went back up once i got back up to speed on the hwy and my current MPG increased

that being said, i drive under ECON mode most of the time as well

·
Registered
23 Posts
r johnson is right. The range displayed is dependent on the current MPG you are getting. The range takes into account approximately how much fuel you have and what your current MPG is to predict how far you can go.

As to why it is fluctuating so much, i guess it may have something to do with the way you are driving and what gear you are in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.