Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the TLX I-4 with Tech package 3 weeks ago. Everything was going great until I stopped at the store today. When I got back into my car, the driver's seat was reclined to the extreme position, temp setpoints were near 80 deg. (I have always kept it at 70 deg) and the fan speed was at second highest (have always kept it at lowest speed). Also, my 10 FM radio station presets were gone. I know that the seat goes back somewhat when the car is turned off but not to that extreme. I did press the #1 memory seat and it moved to the remembered position. Does anyone know why the FM presets disappeared or why the climate temp and fan speed were way different from when I left the car at the store?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Bought the TLX I-4 with Tech package 3 weeks ago. Everything was going great until I stopped at the store today. When I got back into my car, the driver's seat was reclined to the extreme position, temp setpoints were near 80 deg. (I have always kept it at 70 deg) and the fan speed was at second highest (have always kept it at lowest speed). Also, my 10 FM radio station presets were gone. I know that the seat goes back somewhat when the car is turned off but not to that extreme. I did press the #1 memory seat and it moved to the remembered position. Does anyone know why the FM presets disappeared or why the climate temp and fan speed were way different from when I left the car at the store?
Did you change key? Preset radio station as well as other parameters are set for one key only unless you programmed them with both keys. The keys are identified with a number at the back.

Or were you with someone else who was carrying the other key and unlocked the car before you and that other key has not been configured?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are exactly right. I tried the other key FOB and all settings were back to normal (the way I originally set them). I keep both key FOBs in the same drawer so I must have grabbed the other one. I never would have thought that each key FOB is associated and has memory with specific settings.

Thanks McVStar!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I came to the forum looking for an answer to this same situation. My husband put the car in the garage using his key FOB last night and his has not been configured. When I got in the car this morning all my radio presets and XM presets were gone. But I drove the car 20 miles to work using my key fob and it didn't re-set the presets? Does anyone know why it would not have recognized my fob?

·
Registered
317 Posts
I don't have an answer for you but this particular scenario has happened to us a few times as well. If i drive as Driver 2 with my settings and get dropped at the commuter station, even when I turn the engine off and exit the car, then walk away quite far and then my wife starts the car with Driver 1 key in her purse she often gets my settings, not hers.

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Interesting discovery. What greeting do you get when you start the car? Welcome Driver 1 or Driver 2? It would be nice to see if the car has a problem identifying who is driving from the start.

I heard of one person that had both keys set to driver 2, even though it listed driver 1 on the backside of the fob. Not that this is the case here.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My wife has had her MDX for over a year now and it did happen occasionally that the system got confused. Mainly if my wife shows up with her key and I have my key with him and depending who unlock the door first. But I don't recall having this problem when I am alone!!

Puzzling

·
Registered
17 Posts
I didn't notice which driver it thought I was when I got in the car this morning. I had only the driver 1 key fob and as I recall, it moved my seat to the proper setting but the presets were gone. I went out at lunch and started the car and it recognized me and all my presets were back. Weird little glitch. Will have to try it out again soon..this was the first time we ever used fob 2.

·
Registered
681 Posts
If it helps to confuse things, this has occurred with my 2008 TL keys. No fobs available, but on occassion, it eithr loses settings OR goes to Driver 2- even miles from the driver 2 key.

Shutting off the engine, lock/unlock, and restart fixes this problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts