Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Though in my new 2015 TLX Advance other Audio sound (HDD, iPod, XM, CD) work, both FM and AM only do 1 in 5 times. Sometimes, after powered on, FM will come on in 20-30 minutes of driving. Sometimes radio comes on with static on all channels, sometimes with music, mostly not at all. Anyone else had this problem. I delay bringing it to dealer because it is intermittent, though frequent.

·
Registered
681 Posts
No issues here. Sounds like an intermittant antenna connection?

Reactions: Summest

·
Retired Moderator
2021 TLX
2,334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

Though in my new 2015 TLX Advance other Audio sound (HDD, iPod, XM, CD) work, both FM and AM only do 1 in 5 times. Sometimes, after powered on, FM will come on in 20-30 minutes of driving. Sometimes radio comes on with static on all channels, sometimes with music, mostly not at all. Anyone else had this problem. I delay bringing it to dealer because it is intermittent, though frequent.
Welcome to the Forum! Glad to see your first post.

I was thinking antenna connection as well. :)

Definitely have the dealer deal with the frustration of fixing it for you.

BTW, tell us more about you and your TLX experiences. Hopefully you have some good news for us.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I would agree with the previous two posts that it sounds like an antenna issue.

I haven't listened to AM at all in my TLX but do listen to FM for Indiana University basketball and football games and haven't experienced any problems yet.>:D

Mostly, I listen to XM radio and, once in awhile, Bluetooth from my iPhone.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dealer swapped out radio for a new one. Now radio works consistently, and so do the Acura Link educational messages, which I was unaware I had not been getting. Also, the text messages coming via my HTC One Android phone are now being read consistently.

Meanwhile, drove from California through Utah to Colorado and back. The adaptive cruise control and LKAS really help reduce fatigue and enhance safety. The six cyl. engine was happy climbing mountain highways, passing slow vehicles without a hiccup. Wife drove some and happily admitted she likes the adaptive cruise and LKAS, too.

Am surprised oil life down to 30% with only 4900 miles on car. Only other problem so far is inner cover of trunk lid having warped out of place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts