Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Acura TLX 2.4L i4 FWD White
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think such a thing has been done because it seems impractical, but would it be possible to modify a base TLX to have the active unlock door handles for the rear doors?

The base rear doors do not come with an interior door card speaker or door handle with the automatic unlock sensor. I know that the parts can be swapped in, as it is just a matter of taking out the old parts(door handle and/or door card) and putting in the new ones. However, the main issue would be the wiring harness as it likely differs for other trims; the tech has features such as rain sensing wipers, A-Spec has interior ambient lighting, etc.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Super Moderator
2015 Acura TLX, V6, P-AWS, Advance package
1,127 Posts
Physically, probably not an issue installing it, but to get it to work would need the harness. I would not expect the required connectors are just hanging there to be used. The harness is a high cost part and adding "not used" wires/connectors would not be something they (Honda) would pursue.

·
Registered
2020 Acura TLX 2.4L i4 FWD White
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Physically, probably not an issue installing it, but to get it to work would need the harness. I would not expect the required connectors are just hanging there to be used. The harness is a high cost part and adding "not used" wires/connectors would not be something they (Honda) would pursue.
Yeah I started looking into it and the wiring harness is a different part number for the Tech trim as expected. My only concern is even if the harness plugs in, I'm not sure it will actually be able to talk to the car with the various functions.

If I connected the new door card speakers, would it not only work but also be adjustable through the center screen tuning settings? Same goes for the door handles with the locking and unlocking of the car from the rest of the car and adjusting the settings. The side harness are like $50 each and the active door handles are $200. I'll be trying this further down the road after more research and when my factory warranties expire.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Acura TLX, V6, P-AWS, Advance package
1,127 Posts
Good luck with the mod. Let us know how it ends up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts