Acura TLX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've basically been looking to purchase a loaner low mile TLX with tech to save some money but after reading some of your posts and the incentives certain larger dealerships are willing to give to sell a new unit I'm wondering if it's just a "better" deal to just get a new one.
In ya'lls opinion (or experience if someone knows better) would I really save much money by going with a low mileage TLX versus a new one? As the thread title says I'm basically looking at less than 6k mile units and most of the ones I've seen are anywhere from 3-5k.
Also anybody know if the better overall deal is on the TLX 2.4 I4(tech) or the TLX V6 FWD(tech)?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,998 Posts
I would suggest going to a dealer and price a new one to see what type of deal they are willing to give you. As it's the end of the model year there are some good deals. Without getting numbers from a dealer though it's hard to know what you're looking at. From there you can decide what you're willing to pay.

·
Registered
121 Posts
If they are giving a great discount compared to new and willing to extend the warranty by the amount of miles on the car it might be worth it. I'm probably the wrong guy to ask though, since to say that I am fussy would be an understatement. I worked at a dealership in the past and the loaners are typically used (abused) like a rental car. Do the math difference and divide it by your payments and decide if the discount is worth it for brand new vs used. My two cents.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Depends where you are.
With all the incentives on them in July and August (for canada no change) you can steal these cars at the moment and with the new year model coming in a couple of months I would actually say this is the wrong time to buy a demo/loaner as the programs are so good.

·
Registered
666 Posts
^^Or maybe even a better time to negotiate a demo/loaner. If the loaner is typically $6K (just a wild guess) off regular price and incentives are $5K off regular price then the negotiations might be possible for the loaner to be $9K off

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am leasing my TLX, but the sales rep asked me if I wanted to go with the Loaner with $5K discount. I thought that with $5000 off, I thought it wasnt enough because there was about 10,000km (6,000 miles). I should have gotten more, at least $8K discount. So I ended up choosing the new car, with some negotiating and got a good deal out of it. I am only paying around $30 extra per month for the new car compared to the loaner car. IMO, its worth it as I plan to buy out my lease after 4 years. Moreover, there were incentives on the new models especially on the V6 AWD, so I dont mind paying the extra few dollars a month for a peace of mind and also I got to choose the colour I want.

I was a bit doubtful on the loaner car as people say in the thread that people who have driven the demo car must have ripped on it. I'd say go for the new one. It will pay off down the road.

·
Registered
423 Posts
If you add all the incentives up on a lease for 2.4l base and 3.5 SH-AWD base here in canada....the 3.5 is cheaper!
Lower rate, more cash off.
This is the worst time to buy a loaner!! lol

·
Registered
727 Posts
If you add all the incentives up on a lease for 2.4l base and 3.5 SH-AWD base here in canada....the 3.5 is cheaper!
Lower rate, more cash off.
This is the worst time to buy a loaner!! lol
And don`t forget the extra fun with all that extra torque from a 3.5 which makes this that much more of a better deal.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the info/advice. I ended up getting a BWP/Espresso 2.4 with Tech. Love it so far! got a GREAT deal at Mac Churchill Acura in Ft. Worth, Texas. If anyone lives in the DFW area definitely call up Mike West and he will definitely set you up with a great deal and be straight forward with you. I bought my 2013 MDX w/Tech new from there as well and got a ridiculous deal on that too.
I'll post in new owner forum soon, and add a pic.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Got a CPO dealer owned car, loaner? and they said that the CPO warranty was even better than the new car one, FWIW. Also, got my V4 tech pkg for 32,950 with taxes, fees (was like 30,700?) dealer said it was already too cheap to budge much on the price, it has ~4000 miles.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Got a CPO dealer owned car, loaner? and they said that the CPO warranty was even better than the new car one, FWIW. Also, got my V4 tech pkg for 32,950 with taxes, fees (was like 30,700?) dealer said it was already too cheap to budge much on the price, it has ~4000 miles.
the 7yr 100k CPO warranty is pretty awesome and one of the main reasons I was looking at low mileage CPO. Ended up getting a better deal going with new than CPO just b/c of some incentives they offered me.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Is the CPO warranty comp or major component warranty that you guys get down their in the states? (The one in Canada is just major component and is not worth the $)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts