Acura TLX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes it seems that the drivers side front proximity sensor is too sensitive. I can be sitting at a traffic light with cars in front and to the sides and the warning will flassh off and on that I'm approaching a vehicle. Do I need to have this looked at?

·
Super Moderator
950 Posts
Does sound a little too sensitive.
From the Owner's Manual:
The rear center and corner sensors start to detect an obstacle when the transmission is in R, and the vehicle speed is less than 5 mph (8 km/h).
The front corner sensors start to detect an obstacle when the transmission is not in P, and the vehicle speed is less than 5 mph (8 km/h).
There does not seem to be any setting to change the sensitivity

·
Registered
2018 Acura TLX 2.4L Technology
18 Posts
Sometimes it seems that the drivers side front proximity sensor is too sensitive. I can be sitting at a traffic light with cars in front and to the sides and the warning will flassh off and on that I'm approaching a vehicle. Do I need to have this looked at?
Yes, it is very sensitive. You're talking about the ones on the side view mirrors that flash on the inside right? The reverse sensor to me is so sensitive, I can be backing out of my south facing garage and the east facing street is a good 30ft from my garage door and if cars are driving by it's alerting me that cars are too close, lol. Kind of ridiculous but a safety feature so oh well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts